Chapter twenty-seven

When they all were on the train and waved their guards 'goodbye', Fred and George quickly left to 'do some business' with Lee Jordan and Ron and Hermione went to get their prefect instructions so that left Faith, Harry and Ginny. 

"Come on, if we get a move on, we'll be able to save them places," Ginny told them and the two quickly followed her through the train to find an empty compartment but everything was already full. They met with Neville, also looking for a seat, at the very last.

"Hi, Harry, hi, Faith, hi, Ginny," He was panting. "Everywhere's full ... I can't find a seat,"

"What are you talking about?" Ginny looked into the last compartment and smiled. "There's room in this one, there's only Loony Lovegood in here -" Harry and Faith didn't know who that was but Neville appearantly did and he didn't look very comfortable. "Don't be silly," Ginny said when Neville mumbled protests. "She's alright," She reassured him and then opened the compartment door. "Hi, Luna, is it OK if we take these seats?" Ginny asked as she pulled her trunk in there with her. A girl with very long, blonde hair looked up from the magazine she was reading upside down. She had her wand tucked behind her ear and wore a necklace of Butterbeer Corks. She nodded. 

"Thanks," The four put their trunks in the luggage rack and sat down. "Had a good summer, Luna?" Ginny asked politely. Faith was planning on reading the book about the history of metamorphmagi she got from Lupin, not talking, but she already suspected she wasn't going to get the chance. 

"Yes," Luna answered as she was looking at both Harry and Faith. "Yes, it was quite enjoyable, you know. You're Harry Potter and you're Diggory,"

"I know I am,"

"Correct," Neville chuckled at their answers so she turned her attention to him now.

"And I don't know who you are,"

"I'm nobody," Neville quickly said.

"No, you're not," Ginny dismissed his comment. "Neville Longbottom - Luna Lovegood. Luna's in my year, but in Ravenclaw,"

"Wit beyond measure is man's great treasure," Luna said with a dreamy voice before hiding behind her magazine again. Harry and Faith looked at each other with a perplexed look, eyebrows raised. Must be something they teach Ravenclaws. 

Faith opened her book and started reading the intro but was quickly distracted again by Neville. Faith noticed how bad her concentration has been since the incident. She hoped it wasn't going to be a problem this year regarding her grades. 

"Guess what I got for my birthday?" Neville asked with a wide smile.

"Another Remebrall?" Harry guessed. Neville's grandmother gave him one of those in their first year but they've never seen it again after. 

"No, I could do with one, though, I lost the old one ages ago ... no, look at this," Neville wondered where the thing went for a bit before reaching into his schoolbag and pulling a tiny, grey cactus thing from it. The weird thing was that the cactus didn't have spikes, but boils. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia," He said with a proud smile. Faith looked at it with a frown. It looked like a beating, grey cactus-heart. "It's really, really rare," Neville was beaming now. "I don't know if there's one in the greenhouse at Hogwarts, even. I can't wait to show it to Professor Sprout. My Great Uncle Angie got it for me in Assyria. I'm going to see if I can breed from it," 

Faith knew Neville liked Herbology but she didn't have to patience today to be impressed. Somehow, Faith's mood had dropped, not because of Neville's cactus thing. She didn't really know why. Maybe a hunch. Maybe because of the weird mood swings grieving brings. But Faith thought she had that under control. Her appearance looked a lot less grey than it did before. Some didn't even see a difference.