Chapter twelve

The library was quiet, how Madam Pince likes it. The only place where you can hear students chatting was in the aisles close to the entrance. That's the only place where Madam Pince allows the students to talk, whisper actually but most students are literally unable to whisper.

Faith sat close to those aisles so she could hear some of the conversations. A group of giggly second-year students have an enormous crush on Viktor Krum but a group next to them, Faith guesses fifth-years, is telling them how sexy Cedric Diggory (yes, Faith's brother) would be doing all those tasks. Faith was almost used to people telling her how pretty her brother is but she still cringed every time she heard it. 

Faith quickly drove her attention back to the Transfiguration homework for Tuesday. It was still about the Hedgehog to Pincushion spell since a lot of students from her class were still unable to perform the spell without some kind of mistake in it. Professor McGonagall had the whole class write an essay about all the details of the spell, which weren't a lot so Faith was done after half an hour. 

She was just done packing her bag when she heard an 'ahem' from the side of the desk she was sitting at. Faith looked up and saw the boy from Durmstrang. The one that looked much younger than the rest. He had dark brown hair that almost fell over his eyes but the soft locks were, trying to stay, behind his ear. His dark brown orbs kindly looked at her, as if he was about to ask her something. 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He asked with a deep-ish voice. Faith sat back up again and put one of the loose locks of her braided hair behind her ear. 

"Hey, yeah, sure," Faith stammered. She didn't know what to say for a second. She was distracted by his attractive looks and already sweet personality.

"Do you maybe know where the astrology section is? I didn't want to ask the lady behind the desk because she looks a little pissed," He smiled showing his pearly white teeth. Faith smiled back and put her bag over her shoulder before standing up.

"Yes, of course, follow me," Faith said kindly and she started to walk to the outer section of the library. That is where the astrology section was. Faith took two turns and there they were. Faith grabbed one of the books from her bag that she lent a few days ago and put it back on its original spot. "Here it is," She said and smiled. She needed to be there too for a book for her next Divination class. She and the boy started to look for their books until they ended on the same shelf and grabbed the books next to each other. Their hands brushed together slightly and they both started smiling at each other.

"Hey," The boy said again.

"Hey," Faith greeted back. Faith's eyes locked with the boy's and they stared at each other as if they saw galaxies behind the other's eyes. Her arms clutched the book against her chest, almost shaking from the attention of this cute boy. A falling book from the next aisle brought them back to their senses. Both of them shyly smiled to the ground, no believing that the actually stared at the other like that.

"I'm sorry, let me introduce myself," The boy said and he held out his hand. "My name is Alex Krum," Faith took his hand. 

Krum? He must be family of the Seeker.

"Faith Diggory, nice to meet you," Faith introduced herself too. They stared at each other again but this time they noticed much sooner.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that," Alex apologised with a shy smile. He tucked one of his more longer locks behind his ear after it had fallen over his face. 

"It's fine, I did it too," Faith assured him with a smile. "So you're family of the Seeker Krum?" Right after Faith asked that his face fell a little. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked,"