Chapter seventy-nine

"Hermione," Faith started to shake the unconscious girl. "Hermione, wake up ..."

"Whaddid he do to her?" Neville asked. Blood was streaming from his nose which was starting to swell. 

"I dunno," Harry whispered.

Neville quickly clutched Hermione's wrist.

"Dat's a pulse, Harry, I'b sure id is," Neville said.

Harry and Faith felt a feeling of relief wash over them.

"She's alive?"

"Yeah, I dink so,"

Harry paused for a moment, listening if he heard anything peculiar but the only sounds that he heard were from the cries of the Death Eater's baby head. 

Faith was still trying to shake Hermione awake, hoping she was just asleep instead of gravely injured or cursed but Hermione wouldn't wake up. Faith grasped onto Hermione's other wrist, just to be sure, and sighing when she felt the weak pulse thump underneath her thumb. 

"Neville, Faith, we're not far from the exit," Harry said quietly, "we're right next to that circular room ... if we can just get you across it and find the right door before any more Death Eaters come, I'll bet you can get Hermione up the corridor and into the lift ... then you could find someone ... raise the alarm ..."

"What?" Faith said. "I'm not leaving you behind,"

"Yeah, whad are you going to do?" Neville asked.

"I've got to find the others," Harry said, ignoring Faith.

"Well, we're going to find dem wid you," Neville stated. 

"But Hermione -"

"We'll dake her wid us," Neville said and Faith nodded. "I'll carry her - you two are bedder at fighding dem den I ab -"

Both Neville and Faith stood up and moved to pick up Hermione. When Faith saw Harry was hesitating she just glared at him and he sighed before standing up. Neville draped Hermione's unconscious body over his shoulders with Faith's help.

"Wait," Harry said, grabbing Hermione's wand that she had dropped when she fell, "you'd better take this," He handed it over to Neville who sighed.

"My gran's going do kill be," Neville said, "dat was by dad's old wand," He pushed the broken parts of his wand to the side. 

Harry moved towards the door and looked around. The baby-headed Death Eater was trashing around the room, knocking over clocks, and the glass cabinet that had shattered above Faith was still repairing itself over and over again. 

"He's never going to notice us," Harry whispered as he grabbed Faith's hand. "C'mon ... keep close behind me ..." 

They quickly tip-toed out of the office-kind-of-room and crept into the black circular room. No one was there. The door flew shut behind them and the walls started to rotate again. When it stopped, the three noticed that Hermione's crosses had faded. They had no idea which room was which anymore. 

"So which way d'you reckon -"

Before he could finish his questions, one of the doors on their right flew open and three people scrambled out. 

"Ron!" Harry exclaimed. "Ginny - are you all -?"

"Harry," Ron giggled, seized the front of Harry's robes and looking at him with dazed eyes, "there you are ... ha ha ha ... you look funny, Harry ... you're all messed up ..."

Ron's face was pale and a dark substance, Faith suspected blood, was dripping from the corner of his mouth. He suddenly toppled over, taking Harry with him in a sort of bow.