Chapter forty-one

During breakfast, the next morning, Harry received an earful from both Angelina and Professor McGonagall which cost him and Angelina five points from Gryffindor each. Safe to say, Harry was pissed.

"She's taken points off Gryffindor because I'm having my hand sliced open every night! How is that fair, how?"

"I know, mate," Ron said as put bacon on Harry's plate. "She's bang out of order," 

Hermione didn't really react, she just flipped through the pages of the Daily Prophet. 

"You think McGonagall was right, do you?" Harry sighed.

"I wish she hadn't taken points from you, but I think she's right to warn you not to lose your temper with Umbridge," Hermione told him.

"You try to sit through her blatantly casting your dead brother's memory aside for some accident on his part," Faith said, grumpily sticking her fork in and out of her toast. Hermione ignored her with a sympathetic look in her direction.

"So when are you going to tell us about the weird thing that happened yesterday night?" Ron then asked, to change the subject. Both Hermione and Ron turned to look at the two with expecting eyes. 

"I don't even know how to tell," Faith said, looking at Harry. "I was going to heal his hand because it was bleeding badly, and then we saw that mine had the exact same wound,"

"Exactly the same?"

"Blimey!"

Harry and Faith shared a look. They had no idea, not even the slightest, what the two were going to tell them. There was little to no information about what happened or how it happened or why it happened.

"I bet you two are connected on some level, y'know? If I pinch you, Harry, Faith'll feel it," Ron said excitedly, mouth stuffed with bacon. Faith rolled her eyes.

"I highly doubt that's it," She told him before looking at Hermione to see what she thought.

"Maybe it's those quills she's having you use," She said after doing a little thinking. "It's got to be, I bet there's something in the -"

"- library!" Harry, Ron and Faith finished all at the same time. 

After they all finished their breakfast, they headed to Charms, nothing much happened there. Then they had Transfiguration and there they saw the one and only Toad-Woman.

"Excellent," Ron whispered as they sat down in their usual seats. "Let's see Umbridge get what she deserves," As soon as he said that Professor McGonagall marched into the classroom, past Professor Umbridge, not showing any acknowledgement of her presence.

"That will do!" She said, calling for eyes on her. "Mr Finnigan, kindly come here and hand back the homework - Miss Brown, please take this box of mice - don't be silly, girl, they won't hurt you - and hand one to each student -"

"Hem, hem," Faith heard from the back of the class and she closed her eyes from annoyance. Luckily, she was ignored by Professor McGonagall. What a woman she was. Meanwhile, she got her essay handed back by Seamus and saw a big 'A' on the top corner. It was lower than the grades she usually received in her best subject but she was still happy, fearing it would be a 'P' or lower. 

"Right them, everyone, listen closely - Dean Thomas if you do that to the mouse again I shall put you in detention - most of you have now successfully Vanished your snails and even those who were left with a certain amount of shell have got the gist of the spell. Today, we shall be -"

"Hem, hem," Faith noticed Professor McGonagall trying not to sigh.

"Yes?" She said, eyebrows furrowed.