Chapter one-hundred-thirty-six

As the four of them waited for Xenophilius Lovegood to return from the kitchen, Harry decided to have a look around the place, pulling Faith with him every step he took. They stopped under the spiral staircase that led further up and when they looked to see which room was there, they found themselves staring up at their own faces, beautifully painted on the ceiling of Luna's bedroom, along with Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Ginny who was obviously painted in the centre, smiling brightly at them.

A golden chain wove around the paintings, and only when Faith looked closer the realised that it was the word 'friends' repeated so it'd look like a chain. It was absolutely beautiful. 

"If I didn't have you, and Luna didn't have Ginny, I'd fall for Luna," Faith sighed out in awe.

"Honestly, same," Harry chuckled. 

A sense of admiration and fondness for Luna filled them up. 

They looked around the room but were surprised to find it dusty and very unkept. It was like no one had been there for weeks. The closet was empty but the doors were open, the bed looked as if no one had slept in it for a long time, and a large cobweb covered the entire window frame. Luna clearly hadn't been in there for a long time.

"That's odd," Faith said and Harry nodded, quickly following Faith back down the spiral stairs to join Ron and Hermione again. 

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked, but the second Faith opened her mouth to tell them what they saw, Xenophilius walked up the stairs from the kitchen, carrying a tray with bowls.

"Mr Lovegood," Harry spoke up. "Where's Luna?"

"Excuse me?"

"Where's Luna?" Harry repeated, growing very suspicious.

"I - I've already told you. She is down at Bottom Bridge, fishing for Plimpies,"

"So why have you only laid that tray for five?"

Xenophilius opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. The tray was shaking due to his shaking hands and he quickly shot a look out of the window.

"I don't think Luna's been here for weeks," Harry said. "Her clothes are gone, her bed hasn't been slept in. Where is she?"

"And why do you keep looking out that bloody window?" Faith added.

At once, Xenophilius dropped the tray, the bowls clattered and smashed across the floor. He tried to go for his wand but the four teenagers were all much swifter. Right at that moment, the printing press let out a loud bang that shook the floor. Dozens of Quibblers shot over the floor as the printing press kept spitting them out. 

One magazine slid right to Faith's feet. She picked it up and found herself looking at the face of Harry, the big red words of Undesirable Number One written under it and the reward money captioned. She flipped the magazine over and then saw her own face but with the words Undesirable Number Two and a slightly lower reward money. 

"The Quibbler's going for a new angle, then?" Faith asked. "Is that what you were doing just now? Sending an owl to the Ministry to come and get us?"

"They took my Luna," He squeaked. "Because of what I've been writing. They took my Luna and I don't know where she is, what they've done to her. But they might give her back to me if I - if I -"

"Hand over Harry and Faith?" Hermione asked.

"No deal," Ron just said. 

"There is absolutely no chance that I'm letting you hand over my boyfriend, so you can get it out of your head," Faith said fiercely, pointing her wand higher in his face. "Now, out of the way, we're leaving,"