Chapter one-hundred-fourteen

"- they haven't got a clue. And now you mention it, I wanted to talk to you about that,"

Faith entered the kitchen after a long and refreshing shower and saw Harry and Ron huddled together. She assumed they were talking about the Horcruxes since none of the others in the house was supposed to know about it. 

"Good morning, boys," Faith said as she sat down beside Harry, shaking out her hair and using her abilities to dry it. She leaned over a gave Harry a kiss on his cheek before pouring some milk in a cup. 

"Let me see your scar," Harry muttered and he pushed her hair behind her ear to see if her scar was less sore. 

It wasn't looking as red as it was before but it definitely hadn't healed into a perfect thin white line yet. Harry knew it wasn't hurting anymore so he was glad about that but he still felt angry that every time Faith came across Bellatrix, she made her suffer. One day he'd pay her back and Bellatrix would get what she deserved. 

"What are we gossiping about?" Faith asked, looking over the edge of her cup as she took a big gulp. 

"Mum's been trying to get it out of me and Hermione already, about why we're dropping out of Hogwarts, what we're off to do, so you got to brace yourselves. Dad and Lupin've both asked as well, but when we said Dumbledore told you not to tell anyone except us and Faith, they dropped it. Not Mum, though. She's determined," Ron told Harry and Faith. 

Harry looked at Faith for a moment and wondered if she already told Ron and Hermione she's not coming, or if they maybe already figured it out themselves. Harry still didn't accept it. She was going, she had to. Harry wasn't just going to leave her behind knowing that Voldemort and his Death Eaters were after her. He couldn't leave her behind unprotected, she was only safe with him. 

Ron appeared to be correct when both Harry and Faith experienced multiple occasions in which Mrs Weasley cornered them and asked them about where they were off to. Faith and Harry just shrugged her off, knowing they couldn't tell her anything. That resulted in Mrs Weasley making the four friends help with cleaning the house and preparing for the wedding but in such a way that they had no chance to talk to each other. They usually all ended up on different sides of the house. She'd only let Harry and Faith work together once every while because of the Instinctive Binding Curse but when they weren't together they didn't feel much of a difference. Of course, they weren't going to tell Mrs Weasley that. 

"I think Mum thinks that if she can stop the four of you getting together and planning, she'll be able to delay you leaving," Ginny whispered to Faith when the two of them were laying the table for dinner on the third day since they arrived. 

"And then what does she think's going to happen?" Faith sighed. "It's not like someone else is just going to take off and murder Voldemort for us all," Faith's eyes immediately widened, knowing she spoke too fast without thinking. 

Ginny's face had paled as she stared at Faith in shock.

"So it's true?" She asked. "That's what you're trying to do?"

"I - not - I was joking," Faith tried to save herself but she knew Ginny didn't believe her. Faith was a terrible liar and that was widely known. 

"But what about the Trace, Faith?" Ginny asked. "He'll know when you leave, right?"

"I - er - won't be leaving with them," Faith said carefully. "Ron and I have already sorted out a plan,"

"What about the -?"

"Curse? We'll just have to deal with it," Faith sighed, mentally cursing herself for getting herself into this. Why couldn't she just be a little older? Just a month would be great.