Chapter one-hundred-seven

Without hesitation, Harry grabbed Faith's hand and pulled her with him. He couldn't leave her alone now, not after he had already left her the entire night. He couldn't let her get hurt even more. The small amount of Felix Felicis must have stopped working by now so he couldn't leave her with the Death Eaters any longer. And even though he was going after Snape, at least he could make sure nothing would happen to her himself. 

"Take that!" They heard Professor McGonagall shout as she threw spells towards the sibling Death Eaters. They were fleeing in the same direction Snape took off with Malfoy. 

Harry sprinted after them, taking Faith with him. They tried to hex them but they were too far. The two Gryffindors hurried along the empty corridors, trying to ignore the shouts and bangs from behind them and trying not to think about the fates of the few people who were already lying motionless on the floor. 

Faith felt herself shaking from anger and fear. She hoped and prayed that Bill would be all right and she begged that Harry didn't actually see Dumbledore die. That he perhaps thought it was Dumbledore but it was actually one of the Death Eaters maybe, or that Snape missed and Dumbledore just pretended he died. Anything could've happened except that Dumbledore died. 

The corridors were empty. The two wondered if they were following the right path, that the Death Eaters they were following maybe took a shortcut. But one bloody footprint on the floor betrayed the fact that they passed through there. Their own sneakers were slippery with blood too, and their faces from Faith's reopened scar, their arms from when Harry accidentally cut open his in the cave, and Faith's hands were covered with Bill's blood. 

Harry and Faith could make up from the footprint that they were heading towards the front doors instead of the Room of Requirement. Maybe the Room of Requirement was blocked so they couldn't get through. 

Faith was quick to push Harry and herself out of the way when she saw the bright green colour of a Killing Curse fly their way. It hit a suit of armour beside them but they were OK, luckily. When they looked up they saw the two Death Eater siblings run down the marble staircase just a little further of them whilst throwing more curses over their shoulders in an attempt to hit one of them.

Harry pulled Faith up with him, pausing for a second to check if she wasn't hurt, and then taking her with him to a short-cut, hoping to close in on Snape and Malfoy. They pelted through the corridor and jumped down the stairs to get there even faster before dashing through the tapestry, tearing it in the process.

They were met with a hallway full of Hufflepuff, all looking confused and frightened.

"Harry! Faith! We heard a noise and someone said something about the Dark Mark -" Ernie Macmillen called out to them but Harry and Faith didn't have time.

"Out of the way!" Harry bellowed and he pushed through the crowd of Hufflepuffs. They arrived at the bottom of the marble staircase and saw the state of the Entrance Hall. Several students clad in their pyjamas were pressed against the wall, one or two were crying. The Gryffindor hourglass was broken and rubies were falling down, oddly resembling blood. The front doors had been blasted open and bloody handprints were seen on the stone slabs. 

Harry and Faith dashed through the front doors and could just make up four figures in the distance, just by Hagrid's hut. It was clear that two of them were Snape, Malfoy, and Bellatrix and Faith recognised the third as the large blond Death Eater who escaped just before the Death Eater siblings did. 

The cold of the night made their throats dry but that irritating pain didn't stop them from pelting after the three Death Eaters. They had to stop them from reaching the gates where they could Disapparate and escape. The two saw flashes of lights in the distance but couldn't see what they were doing. They had to get closer.