Chapter forty

"Hey, Faith?"

"Yeah?"

Harry didn't really know what to say anymore. Well, he knew what he wanted to tell her about Umbridge's detentions, but he didn't quite know how to without freaking her our and having her go on a toad-hunt. 

"Never mind," Harry mumbled, picking up his pace to keep walking next to Faith. She was hurrying through the corridors.

The two were on their way to the detention Umbridge promised them. Faith seemed very determined since she was walking at a high pace. Harry didn't know if that meant she wanted to get this over with as soon as possible, or that she was going to give Umbridge another earful about how unfairly unreasonable she was acting. 

They turned another corner and then arrived in front of the door to the office of Umbridge. Faith was about to knock when Harry stopped her. 

"Faith, there is something you should know," He quickly spoke. Faith frowned, lowering her hand.

"What is it? Does she actually turn into a toad in there?" Faith asked, folding her arms. Harry rolled his eyes, trying not to smile.

"It's just ..." How was Harry going to explain this to her? "Whatever she'll make us do ... please don't get mad at it until it's done, OK?"

"You're scaring me, Harry," Faith said with a deep frown. 

"Please?" Faith looked him in the eyes before sighing and nodding. 

"I'll try to contain myself," She said and Harry gave her a smile. With a now heavy heart, Faith raised her hand again and knocked on the door. 

"Come in," A sugary voice said, as if she had been waiting for the second they knocked on the door. The two shared one looked before cautiously entering. 

Faith had been in the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher's office once before when Professor Moody's imposter brought her and Harry there, and she could say with confidence that this looked nothing like it ever looked before. It was like she stepped in a whole other building. Every surface was covered in lacy covers and cloths, with vases on top of them which were filled with dried out flowers. All of the walls were painted pink, hurting Faith's eyes, and one of them, facing Umbridge back when she sat behind her desk, was covered with ornamental plates. Each one had a large kitten on it, wearing a different bow. 

"Good evening, Mr Potter and Miss Diggory,"

"Evening," Faith tightly greeted back, not feeling like being a very nice person today even though she promised Harry.

"Well, sit down," Umbridge said, pointing at the two chairs at the round table in the corner where previously, when it was just Harry, only was one chair. Harry tugged on Faith's sleeve when he realised she was just staring at the walls in disgust instead of sitting down. They both sat down, dropping their bags next to them. 

"There," Umbridge said as she stood up from her desk. "We have to get better at controlling your anger, don't we?" Faith fought every nerve in her body to not shake her head at that statement. "You two will be doing some lines for me, aren't you, Mr Potter?" Faith looked from Toad-Woman to Harry and saw him already looking at her, eye wide. Faith bent down to get her quill from her bag but was stopped by Toad-Woman. "No, not with your quill, Miss Diggory, you will be using a rather special one of mine. Here you go," She handed the two of them a black, long quill each, with a much sharper end than most quills. "I want you, Miss Diggory, to write, I must not encourage lies, and Potter, the same thing as the previous times because it clearly hasn't been working enough,"

Faith was about to ask for ink when she saw Harry already beginning to write. His other hand folding into a fist as a dark red colour of ink came out of the quill. A vague stinging started on Faith's hand. Faith pulled the parchment towards her and began to write.