Chapter twenty-three

The days got closer and closer to the third task. Faith felt nervous for her brother and friend. This was probably going to be much harder than the previous tasks, Faith assumed. Faith had been helping Harry practise the Shield Charm, that was the task she got from Hermione and it was much more fun than Ron's task, with the Stunning Spell. Harry had to summon a temporary shield which Faith had to try to break and with a Jelly-Legs Jinx she did. After that, they had spent at least ten minutes to find a counter curse.

The evening before the task, Faith went to sit with Cedric for a bit, during dessert. Cedric said his friends 'goodbye', who were already going back to their common room.

"What's up?" Cedric asked.

"Just want to wish you good luck," Faith said with a smile as she fixed his tie. "I'll be cheering for you!"

"Sucks, because I'll miss Cho the most out there," Cedric said with a grin, referring to the second task. Everybody, especially Malfoy, had been teasing Faith about it. And it sparked up more Faith-Harry rumours which she really didn't need. She already had to stress about exams and helping Harry and Cedric.

"Very funny," Faith rolled her eyes. She looked back to the Gryffindor table and saw her friends getting ready to leave. "Don't forget to wear the necklace, OK?" Faith told him as she stood up.

"I'll try to remember,"

"You have to promise," Faith said with a serious expression.

"I promise, bye," Faith waved content and then quickly went to catch up with the trio.

"What were you doing there? Giving him some last tips to beat Harry?" Ron asked as he poked her in the ribs. Faith huffed.

"No," She said. "I wished him good luck and made him promise to wear the necklace I gave him,"

"You gave him one of your magical power gemstone necklaces?" Ron asked, clearly not very impressed.

"Before you say anything about him; he doesn't believe it either. He just goes along with it to set me at rest," Faith told him as they went up the stairs to the Gryffindor Tower. "I overheard him say that to my mum,"

"I'll wear mine too if it makes you feel better," Harry told Faith with a smile and she smiled back.

"You have one too?" Ron exclaimed. Harry nodded and Faith poked Ron back. 

"I told you I don't need to force people to wear them," Ron huffed but then they all smiled and continued their walk to the common room, talking about the sneaky things Malfoy's been up to and Ron did some good Professor Trelawney impressions until Faith actually turned into her and scared them to death. They hung around in the common toom until Hermione thought it was time for them, Harry in particular, to go to bed.

#

During breakfast, everyone could feel like something was going to happen. The third task was now just an afternoon away. Harry got some letters to wish him good luck and most of the Gryffindor students also came by to wish him best of luck, and to slaughter that Pretty-boy Diggory but Harry ignored those for Faith's sake. 

Hermione also got the Daily Prophet from an owl and Harry was on the front page again. This time Rita Skeeter somehow found out about the incident during Divination the other day.

"Gone off me a bit, hasn't she?" Harry just said. They heard Malfoy and his buddies laughing at their table. 

"How did she know your scar hurt in Divination?" Ron mentioned with a very good point.

"There is no way, we were in the North Tower," Faith added.

"I've been trying to figure out how she got all of the information but I ... but ..." It suddenly looked like Hermione figured something out. She mumbled to herself and ran her fingers through her hair.