Chapter one-hundred-forty-three

There was no time to stop. Soon, they were all covered in the water, filling their eyes and mouth. Faith couldn't breathe but she tried to squirm around to find Harry, to be sure he was OK. Suddenly, the cart lurched and flipped over, throwing all of them out of it. Faith's hand found someone's, and though she couldn't see who, she knew it was Harry. 

They all fell through the air, expecting a harsh landing on the rock floor but instead, they heard Hermione shriek something and they landed without any pain on the rocks.

"C - Cushioning Charm," Hermione coughed as she was helped to her feet by Ron.

Faith opened her eyes to see Harry right next to her, his hand still in hers. They helped each other to their feet, subconsciously scanning over the other's body for injuries, but when they found none they checked on Ron and Hermione but were surprised to see them look back at them as themselves. Hermione didn't have the big curly black hair anymore and Ron was beardless again. 

"The Thief's Downfall!" Griphook told them, pulling himself back up. "It washes away all enchantment, all magical concealment!"

Faith was the only one who was still in her disguise.

"Well, then this has no use anymore either," Faith sighed, morphing back into herself.

Harry seemed to have a content look in his eyes to see the familiar face of his girlfriend again. He then turned to Bogrod who was shaking his head in bewilderment at the sight of the teenagers.

"We need him," Griphook said, "we cannot enter the vault without a Gringotts goblin. And we need the Clankers!"

"Imperio," Harry used the curse on Bogrod for the third time that day and Bogrod had a vacant expression once again, completely at Harry's will. Meanwhile, Ron picked up the leather bag with the Clankers.

"Harry, I think I can hear people coming!" Hermione said before pointing her wand at the waterfall. "Protego!" The Shield Charm broke the water's fall and cleared a passageway for them to walk through. 

"Good thinking," Harry said, "lead the way, Griphook!"

"How are we going to get out of here, though?" Faith wondered as they quickly followed the goblin into the darkness.

"Let's worry about that when we have to," Harry told her, gripping onto her hand, though his words didn't really comfort her. "Griphook, how much further?'

"Not far, Harry Potter, not far ..."

"I didn't know you spoke French," Harry whispered to Faith, whilst keeping an eye on Griphook. "To Travers,"

"I don't," Faith grinned. "It's the only sentence I know; it means that I don't speak French,"

Harry smiled at her, her twinkling eyes beaming through the darkness. 

They turned around a corner and saw the great dragon that Griphook told them about. Faith should've expected it but it still made a big impression on her and slightly scared her. It was pale of colour, and skin flaked under his eyes, which were a pastel colour of pink. Its rear legs were bound by thick chains and its wings were folded to its sides. It barely had any space to live.

"It is partially blind," Griphook told them, "but even more savage for that. However, we have the means to control it. It has learned what to expect when the Clankers come. Give them to me,"

Ron handed the bag over to Griphook and they all watched as he opened it and took out several metal instruments. When he gave each of them one, they made a ringing noise as if someone was repeatedly hammering on an anvil.