Chapter eight

Early in the morning, Faith woke up due to Hermione making quite a lot of noise as she was rummaging through her trunk, looking for a book. The dark-haired girl sat up and yawned. She was still tired, like always in the morning. The morning sun was already shining through the half-closed curtains and the birds were loudly singing next to the window.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Hermione whispered, trying not to make any more noise for the other still sleeping girls.

"No, you didn't," Faith quickly said, not wanting Hermione to feel bad. Faith swung her legs over the side of her bed and went to the sink across the room. She splashed some water in her face to wake her up. Faith wanted to read a bit from what she had been writing yesterday to check if she made any mistakes. It would be a good pastime before starting the day with breakfast and loads of schoolwork. Faith grabbed her bag in which she thought she put her book but after a little digging, only her school books were found. "I think I left my book in the common room, yesterday," Faith told Hermione frowning. 

"That's possible, Harry and Ron left their homework too," Hermione nodded as she looked up from her book for a split second. Faith nodded and quickly put on some clothes before she ran down the stairs from the dormitories to the common room. 

When she entered she saw, to her surprise, Harry sitting at the same table they sat yesterday evening. He was writing very fast on a small piece of parchment and only looking up when he heard footsteps coming towards the table. 

"Hey, Faith," He greeted her a little nervously. He quickly folded the letter and stood up. The chair almost lost its balance due to the fact that he stood up so quick. 

"Hello, Harry," Faith greeted him back. Harry saw Faith walk towards him, making his breath hitch for a second but then he realised she was just getting her book. "Why are you up so early?" Faith asked the ebony-haired male. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she clutched her book to her chest.

"I was ... erm ... writing a letter," Harry softly told the girl. He didn't like lying to her about the letters but he couldn't just tell her that the notorious Sirius Black is his godfather and that he is probably on his way to see him right now. It hurt Harry when he saw the look in Faith's eyes yesterday evening. He wanted to make it right but he wasn't sure if he could yet. 

"You don't have to tell me to who, it's your private life, I don't need to know all of that," Faith kindly smiled, which Harry carefully returned. 

Then, an awkward silence hung in the air. Harry wanted to make conversation but he didn't know how. He could already feel his cheeks flush to a crimson-red shade. She had no idea what she, unintentionally, was doing to him. 

Suddenly there was a loud bang, coming from the window. Both the teenagers looked its way and saw an owl with a letter. Faith immediately recognised it as her brother's owl. She had sent him off with the letter to her mum but he couldn't be back already. Faith quickly made her way to the window and opened it so she could let the brown owl in. 

"I think he got lost again. This owl isn't really the smartest," Faith explained to Harry. "I'll use one of the school's owls now," Faith untied the letter from his leg and the owl flew back out of the window to the owlery. "Mind if I join you?" Faith then asked as she pointed to Harry's letter, assuming he was going to post it now too. 

"No, not at all," And with that, they left the common room through the portrait hole, whilst softly chatting. 

#

By the time they got back, everyone was already at breakfast and so the day continued on. It was quite an interesting day for Faith. Partly because of the big amount of work they had but mostly because of the interesting lessons she had.