Chapter eighty-three

Harry and Faith walked next to each other, following behind Dumbledore as he led the two teens out of Privet Drive. Harry and Faith had felt as if a heavy burden fell off their shoulders the second they saw each other and they felt better than ever in the last two weeks. 

"Dumbledore didn't tell me you were coming too," Harry told Faith as he watched her look at the Muggle houses in awe. 

"It was supposed to be a surprise," Faith grinned. "He thought it'd be nice if we saw each other again, y'know, with the Curse going on and all,"

Harry nodded. It was nice. He felt really good now and that was to blame on the Curse. 

Harry and Faith had been sending each other letters almost every day for the past two weeks. They wrote a lot about the curse but in a rather optimistic way, they decided not to worry about the outcome yet. Faith had written to Harry in a letter that arrived on the last Friday that when they had to live together, once they were out of Hogwarts, she wanted a kitten. Harry suggested to make a smaller version of the Quidditch pitch in their backyard and Faith was all in for that of course. 

"Keep your wand at the ready, you two," Dumbledore called over his shoulder. 

"But I thought we're not allowed to use magic outside school, sir?" Harry said.

"If there is an attack," Dumbledore said, "I give you permission to use any counter-jinx or -curse that might occur to you. However, I do not think you need to worry about being attacked tonight,"

"Why not, sir?"

"You are with me," Dumbledore stated as if it was obvious. "This will do,"

Dumbledore stopped at the end of Privet Drive abruptly, making Harry and Faith almost run into him. 

"You have not, of course, passed your Apparition test?" Dumbledore asked.

"No," Harry said and Faith shook her head. "I thought you had to be seventeen?"

"You do," Dumbledore nodded as he offered up his arm for Faith to grab. She did and simultaneously held onto Harry's hand tightly. Harry had never Apparated before but Faith had, lots of times, with her parents and with Dumbledore too a couple of times. "Hold on tightly, here we go,"

With a crack, the trio disappeared from Privet Drive and appeared some hundred miles further. Harry felt rather nauseous and dizzy whereas neither Dumbledore nor Faith seemed to have those symptoms.  

"You all right?" Faith asked.

"The sensation does take some getting used to," Dumbledore spoke as both he and Faith watched Harry try to keep standing on his feet. 

"I'm fine," Harry rubbed his eyes to get rid of the silver glitters that kept appearing in his vision. "But I think I might prefer brooms,"

"Yeah, me too," Faith grinned.

Dumbledore smiled at the two and started to walk. 

"This way,"

They passed an empty inn and a series of houses. Faith saw on a big clock on a church that it was nearly midnight. Her mum would've never agreed to this if it wasn't for the fact that she was with Dumbledore. 

"So tell me, Harry," Dumbledore said as he turned a right into a new street with houses. "Your scar ... has it been hurting at all?"

"No," Harry mumbled as he subconsciously rubbed the lightning bolt on his forehead, "and I've been wondering about that. I thought it would be burning all the time now Voldemort's getting so powerful again,"