Chapter fifty-one

When December came around the corner, Harry and Faith found themselves alone with each other for most of the time. As Christmas got closer, Ron and Hermione's prefect duties became more. Harry and Faith didn't mind because that just meant two fewer people to distract them from their homework which was still a lot. Ron was a little less happy with his duties when he came back from putting up tinsel in the Great Hall with Peeves trying to strangle him with it. Well, Ron tended to overreact at things like that but Faith certainly believed Peeves was being a real pain in the ass. 

Neither Harry nor Faith were looking forward to this Christmas. Harry thought he was going to stay at school and Faith was going home so both were not really expecting a very Christmas-y mood. Harry resented the school at the moment with Umbridge being there, and his Quidditch ban. The only thing he really looked forward to was free time with his friends and the DA.

It was only a couple of days before the Christmas holidays that Ron told him, Mrs Weasley had invited Harry over for Christmas weeks ago but Ron forgot to tell him. Harry's mood got exceptionally better after that. 

The weekend before the Christmas holidays, the students were allowed to go to Hogsmeade but Faith didn't fancy going. She didn't like the cold and she had lots of homework to do still so she made did her work by the fire with Hermione and Ginny. The two boys did go and bought their Christmas presents for the others. Ron couldn't believe nobody thought about the absolutely amazing present Harry came up with for Faith. Even though he didn't have enough money to chip in, he did help Harry with another part of the present later that day. 

Harry was the first to arrive on the last Friday in the Room of Requirement and he was happy to do so because Dobby had taken it upon himself to decorate the room with large banners saying 'HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS' and Harry's head on the sides of it. He had just taken them down when the first arrived; Faith. He quickly walked up to her by the door.

Faith looked around the room.

"Did you put them up?" Faith asked while pointing at the remainder of the decorations.

"No," Harry said. "Dobby did,"

"Oh, well," Faith nodded as she looked up for one second. "Are you going to leave the mistletoe at the door or are you going to kiss everyone a welcome kiss?" Harry looked up and saw that Dobby had indeed hung a branch of mistletoe above the door. He quickly stepped away from it and scratched his head.

"Er -" 

Faith was grinning at him at patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I won't make you kiss me," She chuckled before walked towards the cushions where she sat down, leaving Harry with a head of a tomato. 

"Good thinking of Faith," Luna told Harry when she entered after Faith. "It's often infested with Nargles," She then skipped away and began to talk to Faith. 

About ten minutes later, everyone had arrived and Harry started the lesson.

"OK," He said, drawing everyone's attention towards him. "I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break -"

"We're not doing anything new?" Zacharias Smith asked indignantly. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come,"

"Bummer," Faith said sarcastically.

"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you," Fred added loudly and the other sniggered. 

"- we can practise in pairs," Harry continued. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again,"