Chapter fifty-six

For the first time in her life, Faith was not excited to go back to Hogwarts. That date was getting closer and closer, meanwhile, Sirus was getting grumpier and grumpier. Faith didn't want to leave Sirius here alone again with just Kreacher. Mr and Mrs Diggory already offered to come by and have dinner every day after work but that only worked for two days. He was mostly sulky because Harry had to leave.

The rest of the students weren't looking forward to Hogwarts either, mostly because then they were back under the tyranny of Dolores Umbridge. Harry, Fred and George had no Quidditch to look forward to and everyone's exams were getting closer. The only source of light was the DA.

It was something that happened on the last day, however, that made Faith and Harry prepared to beg to stay with Sirius. 

"Harry, dear - oh, you're here too, Faith," Mrs Weasley said, looking her head into Harry and Ron's bedroom. Harry and Ron were playing wizard chess, watched by Faith, Hermione, Ginny and Crookshanks. "Could you two come down to the kitchen? Professor Snape would like a word with you," Faith and Harry both didn't realise what she'd just said. 

Faith just moved over Harry's castle to engage in a fight with one of Ron's pawns, even though Ron told her multiple times she wasn't allowed to help Harry. She learned chess from the best. 

"Squash him - squash him, he's only a pawn, you idiot. Sorry, Mrs Weasley, what did you say?" Harry egged on his castle before turning around. 

"Professor Snape, dear. In the kitchen. He'd like a word with you two," 

Harry's mouth fell open as he caught Faith's gaze. She too was looking horror-struck. 

"Snape?" Faith asked flatly. 

"Professor Snape, dear," Mrs Weasley corrected her. "Now come on, quickly, he says he can't stay long," She left the room. 

"What's he want with you?" Ron asked. "You haven't done anything, have you?"

"No!" Harry said, thinking of every possibility to have Snape chase him and Faith all the way to Grimmauld Place. Did their essay get a 'T', or something? 

"Did she say Snape?" A voice piped from the wall. It was Cedric from his frame, he just came back from his parents'.

"Yeah," Faith nodded as she stood up from the edge of Harry's bed. "Well, let's go, I guess," Harry stood up too and together they walked downstairs, to the kitchen where they found Snape and Sirius on either end of the kitchen table, glaring at each other. 

"Er," Harry coughed to make it clear they arrived. 

"Sit down, Potter and Diggory," Snape looked at the two, he still had his usual greasy hair look. 

"You know," Sirius began sharply. "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders here, Snape. It's my house, you see," Snape ignored him.

Faith and Harry sat down beside Sirius, looking expectantly at Snape.

"I was supposed to see you alone," He eyes Sirius for a moment. "But Black -"

"I'm his godfather!" Sirius said loudly. 

"I am here on Dumbledore's orders," Snape said slowly, "but by all means stay, Black, I know how you like to feel ... involved,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius stood up so quickly that his chair fell backwards. Harry and Faith shared a pained look, they both knew this was not going to be a pleasant conversation. 

"Merely that I am sure you must feel - ah - frustrated by the fact that you can do nothing useful," Snape's lips curled into a grin, "for the Order,