Chapter eighty-four

"Faith, get up!" 

Ginny's voice woke Faith up from her Quidditch dream. She squinted her eyes when the sunlight hit her face. She saw the red-heads face hanging above her face with a smile. 

"There you go," Ginny said. "Mum's got breakfast for you and Harry, you're the last ones asleep,"

Faith had to think for a moment to remember what she had done that night. After she visited Horace Slughorn with Harry and Dumbledore, they Apparated back to The Burrow and Dumbledore wanted to have a conversation with the two in private about personal lessons that Harry was going to follow with him that year. Next, when Dumbledore left, they had soup with Mrs Weasley and waited for Mr Weasley to come home from his new job at the Ministry. She remembered going to bed feeling a little more down than the rest of the evening but wasn't able to come up with a reason for it. 

Ginny left her room and entered the next one, previously Fred and George's but now Harry's room. Faith already heard voices coming from it, assuming Ron and Hermione already came to talk to him. 

With a long yawn, Faith stretched herself out and made her way to put on some clothes whilst using her abilities to fix her hair. 

"Bill is very busy at ze moment, working very 'ard, and I only work part-time at Gringotts for my Eenglish, so he brought me 'ere for a few days to get to know 'is family properly. I was so pleased to 'ear you would be coming - zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens! Well - enjoy your breakfast, 'Arry!"

Just when Faith was about to enter Harry's room to talk with the others, Fleur Delacour, Bill's fiance, exited it but smiled excitedly at the girl. 

"Faidz!" She said happily. "Good morning!"

"Good morning, Fleur!" Faith greeted her back, ignoring the stares she received from the people inside the room. "I've almost finished the necklace, it should be ready sometime today or tomorrow,"

"Dzank you, Faidz!" Fleur smiled as she skipped down the stairs. 

"Everyone here hates her, except Faidz," Ginny told Harry, mocking Fleur's accent. 

"You're all dramatic - good morning, Harry - she's really nice if you'd just try to get to know her," Faith said as she walked in the room and sat down on one of the big boxes Fred and George left behind next to Harry's bed. Harry was still under the covers, sitting against the headboard with a tray filled with breakfast on his lap. 

"Good morning," Harry greeted her back. 

"You only like her because she's interested in your gemstones," Ron said with a roll of his eyes. "They once spent an entire afternoon going through Faith's collection. Her hair turned all green and purple," Ron added the last part to Harry. 

"Maybe you should show some interest in my interests, like I show interest in yours," Faith told him with crossed arms.

"My interest in Quidditch and you practically live for that so that doesn't count," Ron countered. 

Faith rolled her eyes.

"Well, anyway, Fleur is really nice but you all are just too prejudiced to see that," Faith said, looking at Ginny and Hermione who had the most trouble with Fleur. Ron didn't seem to mind much, probably attracted by her looks. "She visited Cedric's grave with me and was really kind about him,"

Ginny and Hermione decided not to go in on that.

"Don't you get used to her if she's staying in the same house?" Harry asked them.

"Well, you do," Ron said, "but if she jumps out at you unexpectedly, like then ..."

"It's pathetic," Hermione grumbled at Ron.