Chapter one-hundred-thirty-four

Faith's hands were shaking a little as she took Cedric's painting from Hermione's beaded bag. The last time she talked to him was when Harry and she were on bad terms after Ron left and then it was just casual talking. Now she had to tell him that their grandparents passed and that their parents were missing. 

"Hey, little one, it's been a while," Cedric's voice sounded as soon as the light hit his portrait. The dark yellow background reflected the light from outside, but Cedric's red shirt toned it down. 

Faith put the canvas up against one of the tent poles and sat cross-legged in front of him. 

"Hey, Ced," Faith smiled carefully. "How's it going?"

"Oh, you know, nothing very interesting to report. They're still keeping my other frame covered so I can't see much there - though I have heard that Slytherin boy from your year a couple of times, I reckon I'm at his house, wherever that it,"

"Draco Malfoy, you mean?" Faith asked him, her eyes going over the features of his face, happy to see him again. 

"Yeah, that's the one," Cedric nodded. "I've also heard a woman talk a lot but I get to this frame every time I hear her, that woman's voice is very high-pitched at it hurts my non-existent ears," Cedric grinned. 

"That'd be Bellatrix," Faith said with a roll of her eyes. "Bitch," She then scowled softly but Cedric definitely heard by the mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "She's the one that gave me the scar," Faith turned her face for Cedric to see.

"Oh, I don't like her," Cedric said with a disgusted look on his face. "Bitch," He also muttered under his breath. "Anyway, how's it going there? Everything all right with you and Harry again?"

"Yes, more than all right," Faith smiled with a lovesick grin. "We kind of mutually decided we shouldn't be fighting when we visited Godric's Hollow,"

"So you went through with that?" Cedric asked with a worried frown. 

"Yeah," Faith nodded. "We visited the graveyard there, and then looked for Bathilda but when we found her, she turned out to be You-Know-Who's snake and we almost got killed -"

"Killed?" Cedric exclaimed. "You really ought to be more careful, y'know. First, you almost die at the Ministry, next year in Hogwarts itself and now in Godric's Hollow - wait, don't grandpa and grandma live there?"

Faith gulped before taking a deep breath. 

"Ced," Faith started with a soft tone that immediately set Cedric's alarms off - that tone didn't mean any good.

"What is it?" Cedric asked with a frown, noticing something was wrong.

"At the graveyard in Godric's Hollow - when we were looking for James and Lily Potter - I - er - I found their graves. Grandpa and grandma's, I mean ..."

"They-re - they're dead?" Cedric asked confused. "Both of them? Why - how -?"

"It happened about a month ago, on the same date. I think they might've been killed,"

Cedric silenced and he looked down. Faith couldn't blame him for not knowing what to say. She still had a hard time gripping the thought herself, even after a couple of days. It didn't feel like they were gone, probably because Faith was used to rarely seeing them. It must be even harder for Cedric's portrait form to understand. 

"There's something else," Faith continued. "Mum and Dad, they're -"

"They're not dead, are they?" Cedric quickly asked.

"I - er - I don't think so," Faith shrugged as tears formed in her eyes from the sudden thought. 

They could be dead. Death Eaters could've found them and killed them, just for saying Voldemort's name. And no one would know until someone found them, wherever they were killed. Faith wouldn't hear about it until they finally met someone from the Order who could tell them what was going on. She wouldn't even be able to attend their funeral. She'd be alone.