Chapter ten

"I don't believe it!" Ron almost hysterically told his three friends as everyone was retreating to the Great Hall for the Welcoming Feast. "Krum, Harry! Viktor Krum!" He was not the only one freaking out over the fact that Viktor Krum was still in school and was now going to send this year at Hogwarts. A lot of students were desperately looking for a quill so Krum could sign their hats, sleeves or other clothing items. 

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," Hermione rolled her eyes while trying to get through the big crowd following the Durmstrang students. 

"A Seeker out of all," Faith added. Of course, she thought he was an outstanding Seeker but she would prefer having her Chaser idol on their school. 

"What are you implying with that?" Harry suspiciously eyed the dark-haired girl who apologetically gave him a smile which made him grin. 

The four students made their way to the Gryffindor table and sat down. The students of Beauxbatons chose to sit at the Ravenclaw table but the Durmstang students hadn't made up their minds yet. Faith saw the same boy that made eye contact with her earlier was trying to convince all the much older students to sit at the Gryffindor table but without much success. They went the exact opposite and chose to sit with the Slytherins. 

When all the students found their place at their house's table, the staff entered, the three headmasters last. As soon as their headmistress, Madame Maxime, came in sight, the Beauxbatons students leapt to their feet and only sat down again when Madame Maxime found her seat, left to Dumbledore. A few Hogwarts students found it rather funny so soft giggles were heard. The Beauxbatons students seemed unbothered.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts, and most particularly, guests," Dumbledore said, smiling widely and his arms stretched out to the sides. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable. The Tournament will be officially opened at the end of the Feast." Dumbledore said. "I now invite you all to eat, drink and make yourselves at home!"

As soon as he had said that, a larger variety of dishes than usual appeared in front of them and a lot seemed foreign. 

"What is that?" Ron said as he pointed at a large dish that looked like black pudding right in front of him.

"Bouillabaisse," Hermione told him as she helped herself with it. "I had it on holiday, summer before last, it's very nice,"

"I'll take your word for it," Faith had gotten herself some chicken wings like she always did. She liked trying new things but since she wasn't a big fan of pudding, she passed on the bouillabaisse. 

As they ate, Hagrid came in telling the Skrewts were 'thrivin' even though they could tell that they finally found out that Hagrid's fingers are their favourite food. Then, a girl from Beauxbatons came to their table. 

"Excuse me, are you wanting ze bouillabaisse?" She asked. She had long silvery hair that came down to her waist. Her bright blue eyes looked at them, taking in their appearances. Ron did the same with her but with his mouth wide open and eyes big.

"You can have it," Faith said for Ron who couldn't form a normal English, or any language for that matter, sentence.

"You 'ave finished wiz it?"

"Yeah," Ron said breathlessly. "Yeah, it was excellent," The blonde girl picked up the dish and took it with her to the Ravenclaw table without saying another word to them. Ron was still gawking at her until Faith's laugh brought him back to his senses. "She's a Veela!" He said, still wide-eyed. 

"Of course, she isn't!" Hermione said pungently. "I don't see anyone else gaping at her like an idiot!"

"Well ..." Faith saw some boys from Hufflepuff spilling sauce over their laps while watching the girl walk to the Ravenclaw table. Disgusting.