Chapter one-hundred-twelve

Once the Dursleys left and the house was completely empty, Harry and Faith went to grab their stuff from upstairs. Hedwig seemed to be grumpy at Harry for not letting her out of her cage for so long but was excited when she finally saw something else than the small room. Harry was looking around the house, recounting all the bad memories he had there. 

"So is this where you used to sleep?" Faith called Harry from the hallway where she looked at the door to the cupboard under the stairs. Harry walked over to her, wrapping his arm around her middle and opening the small door for her. 

"Yup," Harry sighed with a huff. "Cosy, huh?"

Harry was waiting for Faith to start abusing the Dursleys again on how poorly they had treated him but when he looked at her she was just frowning. 

"I should've hexed them," Faith just said as she peered into the small cupboard. 

A sudden loud noise outside frightened them and caused Faith to jerk up and hit her head on the low door. The pain shot through both their heads. 

"What the heck is that?" Faith mumbled as she rubbed the spot on her head. They walked to the kitchen to look out the window to the back garden and saw how the air was starting to quiver in its place, like how it seemed when he fire burned beneath it. The Disillusionment Charms lifted and figures started to appear one by one. The person who they noticed first was the large Hagrid with the enormous motorbike. Around him, people landed on the ground with brooms and two Thestrals. 

Forgetting the pain in their heads, they hurried out the back door. Hermione and Ron quickly flew in their arms and hugged them tightly. Hermione had been worried about the two of them all summer so she looked at the two of them to see if they were still completely OK. 

Faith finally let go of Ron and then turned to the others. Her eyes immediately spotted her mum so she ran towards her and hugged her as well. 

"What are you doing here?" Faith asked her mum. 

"Your dad and I thought it was time to join the Order," Mrs Diggory whispered in her daughter's ear with a laugh. 

"All righ', Harry, Faith? Ready fer the off?" Hagrid asked the two as Faith let go of her mum. 

"Definitely," Harry beamed and Faith nodded. "But we weren't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," Mad-Eye grumbled. He was holding two big bulging sacks that seemed quite heavy. "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it,"

They all walked in the house, happily chatting among each other to tell what had been happening in everyone's lives. Everyone sat down on chairs, tables or just leaned against the counters and cupboards. 

Harry and Faith were happy to see everyone again; Ron and Hermione both seemed to have grown taller, making Faith look even smaller; Fred and George were both grinning, probably holding in hundreds of jokes they could make about the Dursleys' home; Bill was still heavily scarred but despite that, Fleur couldn't keep her eyes off of him; Mr Weasley was looking at the Muggle stuff with glistening eyes; Mad-Eye was still as battle-worn as ever; Tonks's hair was bright pink again and her hand was in Lupin's softly swinging back and forth; Kingsley looked rather pleased to see both Harry and Faith; Hagrid was crouching down so he wouldn't hit the ceiling; Mundungus looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than here, and at last, Edith Diggory who was standing close to her daughter.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Muggle Prime Minister?" Harry asked the bald man in the far corner.

"He can get along without me for one night," Kingsley said in his usual deep and reassuring voice. "You're more important,"