Chapter fifty-three

"He's going to be all right," Mrs Weasley said with a sigh and a smile playing on her lips. "He's sleeping. We can all go and see him later. Bill's sitting with him now; he's going to take the morning off work," Ginny and George got up to hug their mother, Fred fell back in his chair with his face in his hands and Ron gulped down the remainder of his Butterbeer with a smile. Faith exhaled relieved. He was going to be all right.

"Breakfast!" Sirius said loudly and happily. "Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!" 

He didn't come.

"Oh, forget it, then," Sirius said. "So, it's breakfast for - let's see - seven ... bacon and eggs, I think, and some tea, and toast -" Both Harry and Faith went to help Sirius. They felt like the Weasleys needed a moment for themselves but Mrs Weasley didn't want to hear any of it. She walked over to the two and hugged them warmly. 

"I don't know what would have happened if it hadn't been for you two," She said, he voice muffled in their dress robes. "They might not have found Arthur for hours, and then it would have been too late, but thanks to you he's alive and Dumbledore's been able to think up a good cover story for Arthur being where he was, you've no idea what trouble he would have been in otherwise, look at poor Sturgis ..."

Mrs Weasley then proceeded to thank Sirius for taking care of her children in the middle of the night. Faith and Harry awkwardly walked around them to get the plates from the cabinet.

"Oh, Sirius, I'm so grateful ... they think he'll be there a little while and it would be wonderful to be nearer ... of course, that might mean we're here for Christmas,"

Faith'd have to go to her parents by Christmas and all her friends would be even further away. Her parents probably still thought she was at Hogwarts since no sane person would get up at five on the weekends. They'd have to pick her up here soon. Faith just hoped she'd be able to see Mr Weasley in St Mungo's before.

"The more the merrier!" Sirius said happily. 

Faith felt Harry poke her ribs softly to get her attention.

"What?"

"I feel like we need to talk," Harry said. Faith nodded. They did. This was all far too strange to be a coincidence. First with the flying episodes, then the wound and now the dream. Something was going on, they just didn't know what. 

The two slipped out of the kitchen, into the pantry where it was dark. At first, neither of them knew what to say.

"So, we both saw the exact same things?" Harry asked.

"Yes,"

"At the exact same time,"

"Yes,"

"In the exact same way,"

"Right,"

"That can't be normal, can it?" Harry asked. "I mean, it's even odd that we saw it at all," Faith nodded.

"There has to be some logical explanation for it. I think we should check the library when we're back, or maybe Sirius has some books relevant to our ... situation," Faith said with a deep frown.

"Where do you want to start looking? We have no idea what it even is. For all we know, we're cursed -"

"Then we look up curses,"

"- or poisoned -"

"I highly doubt we've been poisoned. And besides, this all started like a year ago, remember? When I tried to teach you how to dance for the Yule Ball. Only us, Ron and Hermione were there so we couldn't've been poisoned or cursed," Faith reminded him. Of course Harry remembered that night.