Chapter eighty-two

Having never actually been to a Muggle neighbourhood, Faith was astounded at how Privet Drive looked. Every house looked the same, boxy and dull. All were built with the same pale bricks, on every roof laid the same dark tiles and every mailbox stood the exact same distance from the front door at every house. Every garden had the same blooming flowers, perfectly lined with the edges of the lawn, not a leaf in the wrong spot. 

The wizard girl was happy to live in a house full of magic with protective charms all around their stulp to prevent Muggles from noticing them. She was happy she could freely play Quidditch outside without having to worry about the neighbours' delicate flowers and their glass windows. 

When Faith Diggory and Albus Dumbledore walked up the path to the front door of Privet Drive Number Four, Faith looked up to the window above them and didn't fail to notice a pair of emerald eyes looking down on her. Faith eagerly rang the bell, happy to see him again after two weeks. She stood just in front of Dumbledore waiting for the door to open. 

Once it did, Faith's smile fell from her face when she saw it was the rude Muggle man that opened the door. 

"We're here to get Harry," Faith instantly said before the man could yell at them about why they were visiting at eleven p.m. on a Friday. 

"Good evening," Dumbledore said then with that classy kind smile. "You must be Mr Dursley. I daresay Harry has told you we would be coming for him?"

A loud noise came from the stairs behind the large Muggle man as Harry Potter rushed down the steps two at a time and stopped abruptly at the bottom. As soon as he spotted Faith glaring at Mr Dursley, a smile adorned his face.

"Judging by your look of stunned belief, Harry did not warn you that we were coming," Dumbledore laughed. "However, let us assume that you have invited us warmly into your house. It is unwise to linger on doorsteps in these troubled times,"

Dumbledore ushered Faith in before following and closing the door behind him. Mr Dursley seemed rather intimidated by the two wizards that just entered into his home so he took a couple of steps back into the living room. This made the path between Harry and Faith free so within seconds Faith spotted him with a pair of trainers in his one hand and a telescope in the other. 

"Harry!" She exclaimed, catching Petunia Dursley and Dudley Dursley's attention from the living room. Faith ran Harry's way and flew him in the arms.

From sheer excitement, Harry dropped the contents in his hands and hugged her back. Being deprived of Faith-ness for two weeks really took a toll on him - it might also have to do with the fact that he was living with the Dursley's again but Harry decided it was because of the lack of Faith. 

When the two let each other go, they turned to see the surprised look on Mr Dursley's face. He had always bullied Harry for not having friends yet now there was a girl hugging the life out of him. 

"Ah, good evening, Harry," Dumbledore smiled at him over his half-moon glasses. "Excellent, excellent,"

"I don't mean to be rude -" Mr Dursley began but Dumbledore was quick to cut him off.

"- yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore said gravely. "Best to say nothing at all, my dear man. Ah, and this must be Petunia,"

A woman representing a horse as much as Umbridge had represented a toad, appeared at her husband's side wearing rubber gloves. She looked with an expression of shock at the visitors.

"Albus Dumbledore," Dumbledore said when no one made an attempt to introduce each other, "and I understood you already met Faith Diggory here," He pointed at the girl standing with Harry.