Chapter 24

Klaus walked up to the house with fear in his heart but he dared not show it on the outside.

The idea that his mate may be behind that door terrified him and exited him all at the same time. He had waited a thousand years, what if it was a trick? What would he do then?!

Well, he knew what he would do and it would be very bloody.

He did not appreciate being tricked and any that dare will face dire consequences.

He knocked on the door with Greta behind him just in case. He could hear what sounded like a human heart beating with either fear or excitement, it was hard to tell by the sound alone.

When his brother answered the door he was slightly shocked, he had been expecting it to be a trick but if his brother was here that gave the fact she was his mate much more validity.

He didn't dare believe it yet but just the slightest bit of hope crept up inside him

~~~~~~

I watched from the hallway as the two brothers saw each other for the first time in years. Damn, that must be awkward.

I saw happiness enter Klaus's eyes before he covered it up in his usual cocky attitude. 

"Hello Niklaus, I wasn't expecting you to listen to our mate that easily without proof" I heard Elijah say from the doorway.

I watched as Klaus paused and raised an eyebrow "our mate?" he asked carefully.

"Yes Niklaus our mate" Elijah said before moving to the side allowing him to see me.

He met my eyes immediately and I felt my world spin all over again like it had with Elijah, I took an automatic step towards him and he did the same.

He looked at me like the most beautiful woman in the world, though his face soon turned vulnerable and hesitant

Oh my poor baby he thinks I'm going to reject him. I sent him a gentle smile before walking the rest of the way to him and taking his face in my hands.