Chapter 31

The next morning Care went home, she didn't want to be here when the wolves who tortured her came even though the actual ones who tortured her were dead. It still made her uncomfortable which I understood.

Currently I was eating a bowl of cereal watching as my mates and Rebekah argued about when they would kill Mikael. Is this my life now?...yeah, yeah it is...

"We should go and kill him today, the sooner the better! We have something to protect" Kol said loudly as he threw his hands in the air motioning to me

He glanced at me for a moment making me smile at him for thinking of my safety. Aw, he's so cute.

"I agree with our brother Niklaus. I do not understand why you of all people want to wait" Elijah said with an exasperated sigh.

Nik looked a bit upset as he glanced around nervously and started to pace "I want to break my curse before we kill him. Let him see that I have finally done it" Nik said vehemently as he turned towards Elijah.

My eyes narrowed slightly before they widened in realization. He doesn't want to face him until he is stronger. He's scared but doesn't want them to see it.

"Nik, he won't be able to move. I know you're scared of him. You're allowed to be scared of the man who abused you then hunted you for years. But you must understand one thing that is very important. Mikael was wrong. You were never weak or an abomination, that was him. That man is the epitome of a horrible father, he has no reason for what he did to you or why he didn't treat you as his child before everyone knew you weren't his. He and I quote "I don't know I just did" when asked why he hated you. It was never your fault it was his and your mother's and you were blamed for that" I said with a serious voice.

He looked so vulnerable standing there, He glanced nervously at his siblings before letting out a shaky sigh. 

I immediately stood up and walked towards him before pulling him into my arms. 

He clung to me almost like a small child who needed protection.

The big bad hybrid had been stripped away and all that was left was the abused boy who just wanted anyone to protect him.

His siblings all looked at him in shock, I could see Kol about to say something so I sent him a withering glare and he put his hands up.

All the siblings leave the kitchen quietly while all having some degree of shock and thoughtfulness on their faces, they always just thought their brother was cruel and prideful sometimes they forget it is just a front for a scared abused boy inside.

Nik held onto me like I was the one thing keeping him together.

I ran my hands, threw his hair and down his back as he shook slightly.

He pulled away and tried to pull himself together "I'm sorry love, I shouldn't be crying like a child on your shoulder" he said. He obviously judged himself.