Chapter 88

(previously)

With one last smirk back in satisfaction as I watched their eyes fill with horror I grabbed the ascendant and we all left the cave with dark smirks on our faces.

We met up with Bonnie and Bekah with Valerie and Oscar outside of the cave.

We all started walking back to the field we used to come here with Oscar and Victoria trailing behind us.

I was keeping a lookout for Lily.

"Keep your eyes open, knowing our luck Lily is going to pop up at just the worse time" I said with my no-nonsense tone that tells everyone to listen.

They all nodded and started looking around us.

Kol and Elijah were glued to my sides.

They refused to leave me unprotected in a combat situation.

~~~~~~~~~~

Before long we were at the field and Lily still hadn't shown up and it was making me twitchy.

I decided to do something I hadn't done for a very long time and was hoping it wouldn't hurt too much since most Human-made structures didn't have electricity running throughout them.

"Cover me" I said before crouching down and putting both hands into the grass.

I sent my magic out and connected to nature.

I grunted as I felt man-made objects.

I was going further and further out until I sensed Lily.

Surprisingly she seemed to still be knocked out at the house.

She was probably weaker with blood loss.

Once I found her I immediately pulled back my magic.

Once I was back I took deep breaths and stood up with a groan.

"She's still knocked out but we have to wait an hour for the Northern lights. Then we can go to the next prison world and get Kai" I said as I took deep breaths to steady myself.

"Finally, I have been waiting all damn day. I thought this was supposed to be a quick stop" Kathrine whined.

We all looked at her with annoyed expressions while Valerie and Oscar looked at her wondering who she was.

She seemed faintly familiar.

They couldn't put their finger on where they knew her.

She seemed so familiar to them.

I glared at her "Kathrine I'm getting your mate. Stop bitching" I snapped.

 Stop bitching" I snapped