Chapter 33

The closer and closer we got to Charlotte the more my mates seemed to either get agitated or shut down. I didn't hold it against them since they were all going to kill their father. Even though he is a really shitty father.

Finn seemed the only one to have some reservations but even he understood the need for Mikael to die.

We were hoping to find his white oak on him but otherwise I can always use the dagger and then stake his ass with some Wickery bridge which we would be burning in the next few days.

My mates hadn't thought about this because they were so focused on just killing Mikael they didn't even think about how they were going to kill them. Luckily they had me otherwise they would be so screwed.

I watched as Finn seemed to sink into himself and Kol became increasingly more agitated but I could see it was fear as we drove.

I grabbed each of their hands on mine making them look at me.

I smiled at each of them before giving them kisses on the cheeks to cheer them up.

They both seemed to come back to themselves with my attention so I kept giving each of my mate's reassuring touches throughout the drive to keep them calm

Once we finally arrived we walked around and I did a spell to track the magic and lead them to the tomb.

They tried to open it but it wouldn't let them.

I took a peek inside to make sure it was the right tomb.

"It must be a spell. Here let me try" I say as I walk up and try to open the door. Surprise surprise it works. Must be spelled to not let vampires in.

I open the door and motion inside so they can speak their peace and then we could leave. I hate being in cemeteries, I can practically feel the death in this place. 

Well, it's not exactly unpleasant for me but it always brought out my darker tendencies and I could literally sense all of the dead rotting bodies lying below the ground.