Chapter 85

(previously)

When I received nods from everyone I smiled "good, let's do this" I said before walking to the door with Damon and Elija behind me.

I knocked on the door loudly hoping she was in there.

I used my enhanced hearing to see if anyone was there

When I knocked I heard a distinct clatter so I knew the bitch was inside.

I gestured towards the door "should we just go in? It is your house after all" I said sarcastically with a smirk growing on my face.

Damon rolled his eyes but opened the door and walked inside without further prompting.

I followed behind him and Elijah stayed next to me the entire time.

~~~~~~~

Elijah knew his mate could handle herself but this was a possibly violent situation and the mate bond was screaming at him to protect her.

He needed to keep her close, he couldn't imagine what his brothers were feeling right now.

Elijah was surprised Kol hasn't run in here yet, knowing him.

They had only made it a few steps before Lily was standing in front of them with her fangs out.

Her faced morphed into shock as she looked at Damon. Her fangs and the veins under her eyes slowly receded back into her skin as she registered her son standing in front of her.

She took a step forward in shock "..Damon?" she asked quietly.

Damon smiled sarcastically "hello mother, fancy meeting you here and not at your gravestone" he said with mirth in his eyes.

He was using every ounce of self-control to not lash out at her violently for hurting his mate.

Lily smiled in a slightly condescending way making annoyance prickly under their skin.