Chapter 97

In the days leading up to the Mikealson ball, I and the girls had to go to a high-end dress shop to get our gowns. 

I was buying all of the girl's proper ball gowns so that we all looked the best.

Lydia brought Valerie alonge since she still wasn't fully adjusted to modern times and no one trusted Stefan's sense of style.

Bekah found the same green dress she wore originally pretty quickly while the rest of the girls looked around.

The attendant was helping a very frantic Caroline as she skimmed through the racks.

Bonnie picked out a simple but elegant black mermaid style dress with an opening down the side.

She looked absolutely amazing in it and all of us agreed

She looked down at herself slightly unsure "are you sure? It isn't my normal style?" Bonnie asked as she ran her hands nervously over the dress.

I smirked "Bon Bon you look amazing. Luka is going to lose his mind" I said encouragingly.

I could see the confidence rising in her as we all told her she looked amazing.

Eventually, she agreed to get the dress with some persuading.

Sometimes I forget how shy Bonnie can be.

She spent so long in a very racist town that celebrated the confederacy that she doesn't feel sure of herself.

I hated how underhandedly racist this whole town is.

Bonnie should be proud and I know she is but it is so deeply pushed down just so she could survive here.

I couldn't wait to go to New Orleans.

She would hopefully finally come out of her shell when she wasn't in this environment anymore.

It didn't help that her family wasn't catoragized as supportive.

Her grams did what she could but she was one woman in a sea of racist bigotry and now even she was gone.

Now I and the girls were her support and she was making more improvement every day in her confidence.

I think the doppelganger also had a bit to do with it.

Elena is pretty self-centered and wouldn't have really seen these things or how her friend was suffering.

Bonnie was doing much better with Elena out of her life.

~~~~~~~~

Once BonBon had her dress we all started looking for Lydia's.

She walked out and showed us her picks but nothing really looked right.