Chapter 66

Previously:

As I got closer I could finally sense what was familiar about his magic.

Silas is a Taylor witch.

"Holy shit, I'll be fucking damned" I said as I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What is it?" Finn asked while everyone's guards immediately raised.

I turned to my mates in shock "Silas is a Taylor witch" I said with wide eyes.

They all looked back at me shocked.

"That would mean the marriage between Silas and Qatsiya was to combine the Bennet and Taylor line" Kol said in thought as he scrunched up his eyebrows.

"Thank god they didn't I like being excluded from Qatsiya's meddling" I said as I rubbed my forehead in exasperation.

"Does that mean he is as powerful as you, Elskan?" Elijah asked with a concerned look on his face as he and his brothers start looking around for any possible threat.

"No, not right now, most of his powers are stripped from immortality" I said reassuringly.

"Taylor witches can keep a good portion of their powers but it is never the same once they are immortal, it's one of the other reasons I keep so many pendants. I have a personal stash for when I turn eventually just for myself but that won't be for a while since I can also extend my life by magical means for a while and keep all of my magic for longer. My grandmother is almost 200 and only looks about 60" I explained as I paced in front of the cave anxiously.

My mates all let out sighs in relief but their guards were definitely up.

I took a deep breath and then walked into the cave.

When we came to the drop into the cave I walked straight to Elijah so Nik and Kol didn't get any more ideas.

He easily picked me up and we all jumped down.

"Spread out, if you find anything yell" Nik told the hybrids who all immediately started walking down different tunnels.

We walked through a lot of the cave systems when eventually one of the hybrids called everyone over.

When I walked into the section I saw Silas entombed and chained to the slab table with the cure in his hands just like in the show.

I walked to where I was still 5 feet away from him

I walked to where I was still 5 feet away from him. No need to get too close and end up like Jeremy.

I took a deep breath "We both know you can hear me. I am more than happy to wake you up but you can't destroy the other side. It will cause too many issues that I am not dealing with the fallout for" I said with a serious tone of voice.

I took another deep breath and smiled knowing he could see and understand everything I was saying "Now, I know you want to be with Amara but good news! She's alive and turned to stone just like you! I already have someone working on finding her. So how about if you play nice I'll play nice and everyone will be happy in the end" I said sweetly to my stone ancestor.

I watched as a hybrid suddenly had a blank look and then he turned to me "you have a deal, I just want out of this tomb and to be with her" the hybrid said with an empty voice.

I smirked "done" and handed Nik two blood bags since I was still filled with human blood I didn't really want to be turned into a meal.

I watched as Nik poured the blood into the mask and Silas started twitching before he gripped the blood bag like a lifeline and drank it dry.

Nik tore the mask off his face and handed him another blood bag "there you go mate, I'm sure your peckish after that long in a tomb" Nik said sarcastically.

Silas just ignored him while I sent him a teasing glare before throwing another blood bag at Silas who immediately caught it.

After he had drunk 5 blood bags the color was finally back in his face and my mates all blinked at him making me laugh.

"Let me introduce Silas, Stefan's his doppelganger" I told them with a mirthful smile.

They all seemed to come back to reality rather quickly while Silas just rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I saw from your recent memories you have met my doppelganger. As well as a few of Amara's. Now tell me how can I not control your or your mate's minds" Silas said as he stood up and took a step towards me making all four of my mates immediately flank me and flash their fangs at him.

I put a hand against Elijah's chest to keep them from attacking "It's okay boys, as much as he's powerful I think we both know who's the better witch in the room. Now, the reason you can't enter their minds is none of your business" I said sassily as I just turned and started walking out of the tomb.

"Are you ready to see the light for the first time in two-thousand years?" I asked sarcastically as I looked back at them all with a smirk.

My mates were immediately behind me while Silas just blinked at me in shock before following us eagerly.

Once we got to the giant whole I jumped into Finn's arms and he jumped us up with all of my mates following.

I looked around for Silas only to see him looking at us from the bottom of the cave "I don't have advanced speed or strength" he said while glaring at us.

I just rolled my eyes and sent down one of the hybrids to help him.

When he got out of the hole he was not happy but that all disappeared when he walked out of the cave eagerly into the outside world.

He actually smiled when he saw the sky for the first time.

It had gotten dark by the time we got out of the cave so it was night but I don't think the lack of sun mattered to him by the smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it. I was gonna write a shit ton today but I felt energized enough to clean so I took that opportunity while I had it. I get the inspiration to write every couple of days but cleaning? Shit that happens once a month if I'm lucky lol. Happy reading.

I have a new Instagram for my books that I tell spoilers and ask for your opinions on things. @amberpoconuts

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.

Edited: 2/8/22