Clock Tower

Disclaimer: right to ABC and Odette Beane.

I watch from a distance as Regina runs from the doorstep of her home, relieved to see Henry. She gathers him up at the door of the car and hugs him for a long moment. Henry allowes it, but does not hug back. After a moment, Henry disengages from Regina's hug and runs into the house. Regina has a look of pain cross her face as Henry slams the door behind him.
"Thank you," I hear Regina say to Emma.
"My pleasure," Emma replies.
"He seems to have taken a shine to you," Regina says with a slight frown.
"You know something crazy?" Emma asks. "Yesterday was my birthday, and when I blew out the candle, my wish was that I wouldn't have to spend my birthday alone. And right when I blew it out, Henry showed up." Regina watches her coolly.
"I hope there's no misunderstanding here," Regina says.
"What do you mean?"
"This is not an invitation back into his life. You made your choice. Ten years ago. It's hard enough to be a single mother. It's even harder to compete with a stranger filling his head with stories about Twinkies and fun times and whatever comes into her head."
"I don't-" Regina continues without letting Emma speak,
"And in the last decade while you've been doing God knows what, I've been here. Changing every diaper, nursing every sickness, doing the difficult work. You may have given birth to him, but he's my son!"
"I wasn't-"
"No, you don't get to talk," Regina snaps, her voice becomes angrier. She steps closer to Emma. "You don't get to do anything. Do you remember what a closed adoption is? Do you remember that that's what you asked for? You? You have no legal right to Henry. You're going to be held to that. I suggest that you get into your car and leave this town forever. Immediately. If you don't, I will destroy you if it's the last thing I do."
I almost laugh at Emma's expression. It is a mixture of anger and shock. Emma and Regina have a stare down. Emma turns around and heads back to her car, and I also turn around, when I hear Emma say something.
"Do you love him?" She asks Regina.
"Of course I love him," Regina spat back. And she turns and went back inside.
***********
I have gone back to Granny's, now sitting in my room, thinking. Thinking about my dad mainly. If he was in town, I had to find him, see if he remembers me. No, why would I want that? He abandoned me. I grab my motorcycle keys and leave my room, just to walk downstairs and see Emma.
"You're staying?" I ask.
"You sound surprised. I said I would."
"I know, but-" I stopped, "I'm glad you're staying."
"Me too." She walks upstairs to her room, and I leave the B&B, standing shocked as I see the clock tower begin to move.