Deal

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

While Emma goes inside Regina's house, I stay out. About ten minutes later, Henry runs out. I can  see tears coming down his face.
"Whoa, kid! What's wrong?"
"I-I-" That's all he had to say and I know by the shattered expression on his face. Emma has called him insane.
"Henry, come on. Where do you want to go?" I say, motioning to my motorcycle.
"C-can you take me to Archie's place?"
"Sure." I didn't know why Henry would want to go there but I accept it and drive him to his office.
While Henry goes in, I sit outside.
"Ashton!" Emma exclaims coming up. "Have you se-"
"He's in Archie's office." She starts going in.
"Hold up," I start, "what exactly did you say to Henry? He looked deflated and heartbroken."
"I-I-"
"Well now I know where Henry gets it from," I whisper under my breath. "Go on and see him Emma. He needs you now more then ever." I watch through the window as Emma rushes into Dr. Hopper's office and talked to Emma. Henry's posture improves as she talks, and I watch Emma pull some pages out of her pocket. She throws them in the fire and Henry smiles. Archie looks pleased. Emma hugs Henry and they both leave the office.
"Ashton! Guess what?!" Henry exclaims when they walk out of the building. "Emma's in on the plan!" "Wait, Ashton knows about this?" Emma asks, looking at me.
"Yeah of course. She's the-"
"Okay Henry. Chill out. I'm glad you're happy again."
"I'd better get home," Henry says, looking at his watch. "My mom will be expecting me in five minutes."
"Want a ride?" Emma asks him.
"Sure! You can drop me off at the corner of the street!" They get in Emma's bug and drive away. I walk back to Granny's and stay in for the night.
The next morning I meet Emma down in the cafe area of Granny's. While we are talking over coffee, Henry comes in and sits down next to Emma before saying,
"I found your father." My eyes widen, but soon return to normal size as I realize he is talking to Emma, not me.
"Excuse me?" Emma asks. "I seriously doubt that kid."
"No, I did," Henry insists. "He's here. He's in town." Henry twists and picks up his book. "Look," Henry says, flipping to a page that shows a man-a handsome man, strong-jawed, eyes closed, bleeding from the chin-lying in the grass. "It's Prince Charming. After Snow White hits him and gets away."
"What kind of twisted version of Snow White are you reading here?" Emma asks, taking the book. She flips back a few pages and lets her eyes wander across the text.
"It's complicated," Henry says, "but the point is that he's here, and he's Miss Blanchard's true love, and she doesn't even know he's here. I saw him. In the hospital he's been in a coma for years." Emma flips back to the picture of Prince Charming.
"This guy?" Emma asks, pointing.
"His name is John Doe," Henry says.
"So they don't know who he is."
"That's right, but I know," Henry says. "And now you know. And we have to get him to wake up so he remembers who Ms. Blanchard is." Emma looks quizzically at Henry and asks,
"How are we suppose to do that?"
"I thought of that already. All we have to do is get her to read this story to him."
"What story is it?" I ask.
"The story of them falling in love," Henry replies, "it's important."
Emma just stares at the wall.
"What?" Henry says, "don't you think that it is?"
"I do, actually," Emma says. "Believe it or not, I completely do." Henry smiles his beaming smile.
"So you'll both help?"
"Sure," Emma and I both say, Emma adding, "But we're doing it my way. Not your way. My way. Got it?"