Mary Margaret's Dilemma

Disclaimer: rights to ABC and Odette Beane.

Monday morning came, and Graham was teaching me everything and anything about police work. Emma had never touched base with Graham, but I had come Monday morning, as requested. Graham showed me the ropes of simple police work, joking with me as he made me aware of all the nooks and crannies of Storybrooke, telling me about the longstanding feuds between various residents. Just as Graham and I were heading to Granny's to get some grilled cheeses, Emma walked in saying, "Is that job offer still standing?" Graham smiled, nodded. "Hey, Ashton, why don't you go home. I'll be showing Emma the same things I just showed you, so I will call you later and let you know when to come in." "Okay, sounds good," I said, leaving Graham and Emma alone.

Later on, I went to David's "Welcome Home" party. Henry and Emma were already there, and I heard Henry saying choice words to Emma; "Midas", "arranged marriage", and "Prince Charming". I greeted them both, and then David walked over to us. When he came up and smiled, I could tell he was uncomfortable here, surrounded by his old "friends," who he did not recognize. He knew Emma and I only because we had been there at the hospital and we had helped find him. "You look like a lost man," Emma said to David, "come on. Hide over here with us. We don't bite." David smiled, obviously relieved, and the four of us went to the corner of the room. "Thanks," he said, "it's a little overwhelming." "I can't even imagine," Emma replied. David seemed to get very nervous, and finally blurted out, "I'm sorry. I know that--I know that you live with Mary Margaret. I was wondering if you knew when she would be here?" Emma crossed her arms and smiled a curt smile. "Yeah, she can't come. I'm sorry." Was all Emma said, apparently not wanting to make it awkward by making up a huge lie. David continued to look at Emma, as though for a signal as to what that might mean. "She was busy, huh?" Henry looked extremely mad, and blurted out, "No, she's not! She's at home, hanging birdhouses. You should go talk to her. Because of your eternal love. "Henry," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder, "this might not be the best time." Even though I believed--and knew-- Henry's fairytale theory to be true, this was a real problem between David, Kathryn, and Mary Margaret. "Mary Margaret isn't feeling too well. It's really for the best," Emma said quickly, trying to cover up Henry's tracks. "Yes," David said, "Probably for the best."

Later on in the week, Emma, Graham, and I were all at the police station. I was answering the telephone for the time being until a case came up (which did not seem to happen a lot in Storybrooke), and Emma was doing some paperwork. The phone rang. "Storybrooke sheriff's station. How can I help?" "Ashton?" "Oh! Hi, Mary Margaret." Emma raised her eyebrows, staring intently at me. "What do you need?" I asked Mary Margaret. "I was wondering if it would be alright for me to come by. I don't want to go by the apartment in case..." She paused. "In case... David comes by." "You're welcome to come by. Emma would probably welcome the break from all her paperwork she has to do." "Thanks, Ashton, see you soon." She hung up.
Five minutes later, Mary Margaret came into the station. "Hi, Mary Margaret," Graham greeted. She nodded in return. Graham said he had to go do patrol, and left. "I need help," Mary Margaret said, "I don't know what to do about David." She told us about how David had confronted her and told her to meet him tonight. Emma did not answer, just had a deep thinking look on her face, obviously deciding what to say. "I think it's your decision, Mary Margaret, but...if you want my opinion...I think you should go to meet David," I said. "I agree," Emma said, "if you care about this man, than go for it. He doesn't have his memories, and the only thing that seems to make him happy is you." "You really think so?" Asked Mary Margaret. "I do," Emma said, "you just have to wait before you get too involved. Even though David does not have his memories, Kathryn is still his wife, and we should all respect that." Mary Margaret nodded. "David has made a choice," I said, "and though I agree completely with waiting to see how David and Kathryn work out this whole thing, it's one thing to break them up on purpose, but talking to David outside of his house? That won't hurt anything. Go for it." This seemed to make all the difference, apparently. "None of it feels based on anything," Mary Margaret said. "Yeah, but love never makes sense," Emma replied, "its never based on something. Not on something you can see right away, at least." "What then?" "Don't you think," Emma asked, "that hearts can kind of see truth? A little better than eyes?" "I'm surprised to hear you say that." "Who said there wasn't a romantic in me?" Emma asked, "somewhere. Deep down." "Not me." All this being said, I remembered someone from my history, someone I used to know, someone I used to love.

Hi guys! I just want to say that Ashton's old love will be a future topic, but don't forget about it because I will definitely incorporate it into the story. I'm having a character contest for Ashton's best friend/good friend. If you can think of a fairytale/Disney character that has not been used even in the episode that came out last Sunday, then comment here, or private message me. You can also have an original character, but please don't have your character closely related to one of the main characters. I know in the end they will most likely be connected somehow, but don't closely relate them because then I have to figure out a really great background and work the family tree. Please use this form:
Name:
Gender:
Looks:
Personality:
Enchanted Forest/Arendelle/Neverland character name:
Parents:
Anything else important or something you want me to know:

Also if you could give me a little bit of a background that would be great. I will probably leave the contest open for a while, but will continue writing. If you can get me the form asap though, that would be great!
Just fyi, if you pick someone and make them from Arendelle, then (in way future chapters when I get to the end of Elsa, Anna, etc in Storybrooke), they will go with them back to Arendelle and not be seen again.
Winner will get a follow, shoutout, and their character will be in the story for a while unless something future happens (perhaps a tragedy?).