Rivalry

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

After a short trip around town, I head in for the night, waking up the next morning thinking, What am I doing here? But I know. I know why I am here. I quickly shower, and dress before leaving my room. As I pass Emma's room, the door opens and Regina walks out, a scowl on her face. She shoves past me on her heels and hurries away. I go downstairs, in great need of coffee. I am reading the Newspaper: Storybrooke Daily Mirror, when I realize Emma's face is on the front page. She is sitting at the bar, also reading the article. Emma shudders at the article, and I do not blame her. It states Henry had been born in Phoenix, where Emma had lived since then, and Emma's trouble with the law. Apparently, whoever had written the article-Sidney Glass is his name-have managed to dig up a lot about Emma's life in a very short amount of time. Emma receives her cocoa with a look of surprise and then walks over to a booth, where Graham is sitting.
"Ah. You decided to stay, did you?" I hear Graham say, "would you like to join me?"
"Look, dude. The cocoa is a nice gesture. And it's impressive that you were able to guess that I like cinnamon on my chocolate-not many people do-but I'm not here to flirt. So thanks but no thanks, Sheriff," I hear Emma reply.
"I didn't send that," Graham said.
"I did." It was Henry. He is in the booth right behind me, his head down so low I had not even noticed him. "I like cinnamon, too," he adds. "Hi. I'm glad you stayed."
"Henry, what are you doing here?" Emma asks. "Don't you have school?"
"Yeah, I'm going right now. Will you walk me there?" Henry asks. Henry leads Emma out of the diner, flashing me a huge smile.

Six hours later, Henry runs up to me, saying quickly,
"Ash! My mom put Emma in jail!"
"Huh?"
"I don't know why, but she did. Can you bail her out?" He asks in a rush of words. "Yeah. I'll bail her out. If only to make your mum mad."
"Lets go!" I have to jog to keep up with Henry as he practically runs to the jail.
"Hey! You have to let her out!" Henry exclaims as soon as we get inside the jail. Graham, surprised, looks up from his desk.
"Henry what are you doing here?" He turns to me, confused. "Ashton?"
"We're here to bail her out," Henry says, "well, she is, I don't have any money."
"Why would you do that?" Emma asks.
"I dunno," I said, grabbing my wallet out of my pocket, "I trust you."
The sheriff seems a bit confused, but he takes it in stride. As Graham and I do the paperwork, Henry sidles over to the cell.
"Good job," he whispers to Emma. She bends down and whispers back,
"Good job with what?"
"With getting arrested. It was the plan. I get it. Intel. Operation Cobra, right?"
"Sure kid. Something like that."
"Okay, then," Graham says, holding up the release paper. I smile, nodded.
"Looks like everything's in order." Emma stands to her full height.
"Good," she says, looking at Henry, "I have something to do."