Hero

I have the next chapter half wrote but I probably won't finish it until tomorrow or Tuesday unless I have some free time tonight. I have a lot of homework to catch up on since I missed school all last week. Yay.

Emma helped me to the hospital and I got a cast for my ankle. The damn bullet did not go all the way through so they had to pull it out with a pair of searing hot tweezers. It probably should have hurt, but nothing could hurt more than losing my best friend. Again. I couldn't help him wherever he landed. He was probably already dead.
Dr. Whale told me to stay in the hospital for a week or so, give my ankle time to heal. I nodded, said okay. But as soon as I was left alone, the nurses and doctors all busy with someone else, I left. I wasn't going to just stay there. I did not really have anywhere to go though. If I went to my apartment all I would get was sob stories from people that pretended to care so much. So I went to the only other place I ever really felt safe. The Jolly Roger. That maybe wasn't the most smart move. Now my head was clouded with thoughts of Neal and Hook, but it was better than some hospital or my dull apartment.
Apparently I'm terrible at being alone, because I wasn't on the ship for long before Emma called.
"Did you leave the hospital?"
"No..."
"Then why does the nurse say your room is empty?" Emma asked.
"Because I left. Why do you care anyways?" Maybe I was being a bit harsh, but it want exactly a good day.
"Tamara and Greg have some kind of trigger. If it goes off then the whole town will be destroyed," Emma told me.
"And I care because...?"
"Well I assume you don't want to be blown up."
"I'm good at surviving," I told her.
"Well you can't survive this. The whole town is going to be reverted to a forest. Every single person from the Enchanted Forest will die... Henry will be left alone."
"Okay, God. I'll help. But you do realize I can barely walk?"
"I have a feeling you're doing just fine Ms. Survivor."
"Don't be a bitch," I said. "I'm coming to your apartment."
••••••
"How many people do you need to save a town?" I asked when I got there. I'm pretty sure the apartment was at maximum load because Emma, David, Mary Margaret, Henry, and Hook was there.
"You're helping to save the town?" I asked Hook.
"Yeah, good point," Emma said. "Why are you here. Regina told us you were helping Greg and Tamara destroy the town."
"That's before they told me I had to die to get it," Hook said.
"We don't have time for this feud," David said. "We have a real problem."
"Which is why I'm here," Hook said. "Because staring death in the face has made me realize, if there's one thing I want more than my revenge, it's my life. So shall we stop this thing and then resume bickering?"
"There is no stopping it," Regina told everyone. "Now, the best thing I can do is slow it down, but that will only delay the inevitable."
"Or give us the time we need," David said.
"The time for what?" Mary Margaret asked.
"Steal back the beans. Use them to get everyone back to the enchanted forest before Storybrooke is gone."
"How?" I asked. "We don't even know where Greg and Tamara are."
"Well, I do," Hook said. "I can help."
"Help yourself," Emma replied. "You'll take them and leave us all behind. Why should we trust you?"
"No," David said. "We don't have to. I'll go with him. If he tries anything, I'll shoot him in the face."
"Quite hostile, aren't we?" Hook said.
"Just being clear."
"I'll take Regina to slow down the diamond and give you guys time," Emma told everyone. "Mary Margaret and Ashton can take Henry and gather everyone, make sure they're ready to go as soon as we have those beans."
Mary Margaret nodded.
"Henry," Regina said as we turned around to leave. "Before you go. I'm sorry for what's happened. I tried to be the person that you wanted me to be and I failed. But I won't let you be alone. You just know that I love you."
Henry said, "I love you, too," they hugged, and we headed out to gather everyone in the town to get to safety.

We gathered most everyone in Granny's. David and Hook came in.
"We have the bean!" David said.
"You did it?" Emma asked.
"Yeah."
"Okay, great. Let's get going. Henry?"
"Where's my mom?" Henry asked.
"Regina can hold off the self-destruct device long enough for us to escape. But..."
"But what?" Henry asked.
"She won't survive."
"No," Henry muttered. "No!"
"Henry," Emma said. "I'm sorry. I promised her I'd get you to safety."
"But we can't do this! She's family! We don't leave family behind!"
"I know," Emma told him. "But this is what she wants. We have a way out. We have to take it."
"We saved her from being killed by the Wraith! How is this any different?" Henry stated.
"The Wraith," Mary Margaret repeated.
"What?" Emma asked.
"We sent it through a portal. Why can't we do the same thing with the self-destruct?"
"Because we don't know if it's gonna work," Emma said.
"It could!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.
"Yeah," David said, walking up behind Mary Margaret to make clear his support.
"It's too risky," Emma fought. "No one will go along with it."
Yes, we will," Archie said. "'Cause it's the right thing to do. Look, Snow White and the prince have always led us before and we've always won. So, who's willing to let them lead us again?"
There were many different answers around the restaurant, but they were all different forms of everyone agreeing with Archie.
"Thank you, Archie," Mary Margaret said. "This is what we should do."
"And will do," David agreed.
"I know we haven't had a lot of chances to be parents," Mary Margaret told Emma, "but give us this one. Let us do the right thing. It's not too late."
"I just don't want him to be alone," Emma said, holding Henry's head in her hands. "I don't want him to grow up the way I did."
Before anyone else could answer, there was a loud boom and the building shook. I went outside of Granny's to make sure there were no other citizens who had taken shelter in one of the other shops. I couldn't find anyone. But honestly I didn't care about this town anymore. There was nothing here. If the trigger blew it up or whatever it does than there'd be no loss for me.
"Well, it looks like we're all going to die then."
"It's going to happen eventually anyways," I replied to Hook.
"True, but what's the point in dying before you're old?" He asked.
"Dying for a reason."
"And what's the reason here?"
"There is none," I told him. "They think they can save the town by using a magic bean but I have a feeling there's no magic bean in that pouch. Is there?"
He smirked. "No."
"I'm also going to guess that there was one but you have it, don't you?"
"Indeed."
"Are you going to leave the town with it?"
"Aye. Now I've a question for you. Are you going to come with me?"
"That depends. Where are you going? The Enchanted Forest is practically in ruins from what Cora did, you know that. I wouldn't exactly suggest Wonderland as a pit stop. Camelot's got its own problems. And, well, you don't have to have been to Neverland to know its not safe."
"Well then I'll do what I always do. Stay on the sea. Why choose one place when you can go to them all?" Hook asked.
"True."
"So, you'll come them?"
"Sure," I said. "Why not?"
•••••
"What is this from?" I asked Hook. There were odd scratch marks on the boarded table in front of the wheel. It was directions to show which side was starboard, which was port. The odd thing was they had been scratched out.
"I used it one time to teach someone how to sail," Hook told me.
"Someone? Being...?"
"Young Baelfire."
"Are you serious? You knew Neal as a youngster? Why can't everyone in this town just not have everything be so bloody complicated?... Why's it crossed out?"
"To remind me of what I did."
"What did you do?" I asked softly.
"I betrayed him. After I found out who he was I turned him over to someone who was looking for him. I promised myself I wouldn't do anything like that again."
"Well, he's dead now. Don't have to worry about that. He got shot through by Tamara. We should just send them through the portal to die. Show her to shoot my foot."
Hook didn't look very happy at this point.
"I'm not a good therapist," I told him. "But I can ask a question. Are you alright?"
"Maybe we should go back," he said.
"What? Did I hear you right?"
"I scratched those out for many reasons. But it was just a reminder of what I did. And if this is my chance to stop killing myself for it...then I'll take the chance."
"You're going to turn the ship around?" I asked.
"Aye."
I smiled.
"What are you smiling at?" Hook said.
"Nothing. I'm just glad you're being a hero."
"Is that what's happening?"
"Yeah," I said. "Well, let's go save the town then."
••••••
Least to say, Emma and everyone were surprised to see us back. But they looked upset.
"What the hell is happening?" I asked.
"Tamara...Greg..." Mary Margaret huffed out. "They have Henry."
"What?! Where are they?"
"We don't know," Emma said. "We need to search around. Ashton, stay here. Maybe they'll come by this way."
I nodded and everyone took off. Emma was right, they did come my way. I ducked behind a storage container on the docks. Tamara went to the edge of a dock and threw a bean in. They watched as the bean opened a purple portal. Henry had his arms being firmly grasped by both Greg and Tamara. Emma, Hook, and everyone else appeared around the corner and saw them. Greg and Tamara still didn't see me, only five feet away.
"Henry!" Emma yelled as they got a running start towards the portal. Before their feet had even left the dock I stood up to follow. Before I jumped off, I looked back at Hook.
"Ashton, don't!" He yelled.
"I'm sorry," I said back and turned to Emma. "I'll watch him." I jumped into the portal as I heard Hook yell,
"We're coming to find you."

Season ending! I cannot even tell you babes how much I have been waiting to get to Neverland this whole book. I love Neverland, it's my favorite land in Once, and Peter Pan is one of my favorite villains. I can't wait to write about their adventures in Neverland!! I just realized I've been updating a lot aha go me ;)
Love you babes!
Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!
Liz xx