Meeting Emma

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

After a while of pacing around, my phone starts ringing.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Hi, Ashton." Henry's voice says on the phone. It does not seem like his usual cheery voice at all.
"What are you doing kid? How'd you get my number?"
"It was in my mom's phone."
"Oh. What do you want?" I ask him.
"Well, I kind of snuck out of the house and..." he pauses as his voice breaks, "I need to talk to someone."
"Aw kid, lets meet at the ice cream parlor? My treat, ok?"
"Alright. Thanks Ashton."
"Mm hmm."

A few minutes later, I am waiting outside of the ice cream parlor next to Granny's and Henry comes  walking up the sidewalk. We go inside, order two cones of rocky road, and sit on a table outside.
"So what's wrong?" I ask him.
"My mom is leaving." He looks really sad and upset.
"Why is she leaving? She just got here."
"The same reason she left me in the first place. She wants to give me my best chance, but my best chance is with her! If she broke the curse, then everyone would remember and we could be in the Enchanted Forest having adventures! We could all be together!"
"You want a family don't you?"
"Yeah, I mean, Regina tries but she's still the Evil Queen at heart. It's all forced and fake."
"Hey Henry, if there's one thing I know, it's that being alone sucks. Have you tried talking to your mom? Just asking her to stay?"
"Yes, over and over and over. She just won't listen!" I bite my lip thinking.
"I'll talk to her for you." I finally say.
"Really? Thanks Ashton!"
"Call me Ash kid. That's what everyone called me. Looks like I might be sticking around longer than I thought."
"My mom's still at Regina's. They think I'm in my room. I'll sneak back up there."
"Alright, and don't worry Henry, I won't let you have a childhood like I did." I smile and we both head towards the mayor's house.