Chance

Hook and I headed back into Allein, this time trying to find a way to find a magic bean.
"There is not a way to get back," I say. "That's what Calypso told me."
"Calypso? Who's-"
"Nevermind, it doesn't matter right now. But she told me that the doors between lands are closed without another curse."
"Someone is already planning a curse. We need a way to get to New York where Emma is, the curse will be back to that dreaded town."
"Who's planning a curse?!"
"Snow and the prince. I ran into them again in the last...year."
"Right."
I guess Hook detected the hostility in my voice. Because even if I got a magic bean or some way to travel between realms, I would not be able to use it. I couldn't sabotage my dad, and even if I did, Mary Margaret and David's curse would take everyone out of the Enchanted Forest. There would be nothing for Devin and I to come back to.
"Ash, what exactly happened to you in the last year?" Hook asks.
"Now is not the time. We need to get back to New York."
"I can't think of anyone that would have an idea of how to get through the realms that's left."
With Rumpelstiltskin dead, he is right. Who else would know how to get between realms?
"Neither can I. But if there is one place to find a way, it's in Allein."
We went back into town. None of the merchants so far had anything of value. But if someone had a magic bean, they would not give it away lightly. Something of great value would have to be traded for one.
"What are you prepared to give for this portal?" I ask Hook. He does not even hesitate,
"Anything."
I nod. "Emma really does mean a lot to you, doesn't she?"
"It's more than that. If the curse takes us along with everyone else back to Storybrooke, there will be no escape. Emma needs to save her family, it's what she would want me, us, to do. So, yes, I'd trade anything for a way to travel between realms."
I had not expected for Hook to want to get back to Emma for anything but to see her again. But when he talked about it this way, I knew, beyond a doubt, he had nothing selfish in this cause. He wanted her to be happy, even though she might not even accept the memory vial that was given to us with the note. She might never remember him again.
"I always like to hear 'anything' from a customer." The lady who spoke looked small and sweet. But her eyes are vicious, like she is just waiting to tear you apart at a moments chance. "Sorry, so rude of me. I'm Asita, and I do have a way to travel between realms."
"Where is it?" Hook asks, trying not to sound desperate which makes the desperation sound a lot more amplified.
Asita reaches into a black belt around her waist and pulls out a bean.
"I have the last magic beans you will ever find," she says. "But I will not give them for a simple trade."
"What do you want?" he asks.
"Hmm, let me see." Asita walks around Hook in a full circle. "You are a pirate! Very good one by what I see. Lot of treasure, hidden maps, alcohol, girls, blah, blah, blah."
"Is there a point to this?" I ask.
"There's always a point to everything, my dear. And I see now...you're Captain Hook!" She makes a guesture with her hand to shape her fingers like a hook. "Very popular around here. Or unpopular depending on how you look at it. I want two things."
"Two?!"
"Hmm, yes. I need someone to rescue my servant slash errand girl. She got herself captured by the sultan trying to be heroic and she knows what it will cost her but she just goes! Anyways, I do not have all my powers anymore so I need someone to get her without harming the demented child."
"We'll find her," says Hook. "Where is she?"
"With the sultan. Wherever that is. In the dungeons or cages or whatever confinement they have. Get her out, and we'll discuss a trade."
"Deal," Hook says. "Where should we bring her?"
"Oh, I'll be watching. And when you get her, I'll come."
Hook nods and Asita turns away and walks off into the thick crowd.
"How the bloody hell do you expect to break into a sultan's palace?" I ask.
"Well, there won't be a palace because he is traveling. So it shouldn't be too hard."
"Fine, what's your plan?"
Hook grabs a piece of expensive looking jewelry from a merchant's stand next to us.
"Run," he says.
"What?!"
"Run!" Hook runs with the jewelry. "What the hell are you doing?" I yell as we run, already hearing people running after us.
"Getting to the sultan."
"You're bloody stupid," I tell him.
Hook smirks, "I know."

Hook's Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें