All cleared up

Disclaimer: rights to ABC and Odette Beane.

Thanks for the submissions so far! It's still open, so continue to submit your characters!

The mayor had a meeting that night, and Henry took the opportunity to sneak out. He first rounded me up at Granny's, and then we both went to the apartment where Mary Margaret and Emma lived. At the door, Emma took one look at Henry and said, "You can't keep doing this." "She's out," Henry replied, "and won't be back until like ten!" Emma begrudgingly let us in, knowing that when Henry got excited, you were helpless against him. "So," Emma said, sitting down across from Henry and I at the table, "what should we do?" "You didn't let me tell you the end of the story about Prince Charming." "That's right, I didn't." "I know you think it's stupid, but it's important," Henry said, "I saw the way he looked when he was asking about her. And it's natural!" "Why is that?" Emma asked. "Because of the ring," Henry said. "Explain." "After Charming agreed to stay as Prince Charming, he had to go and say good-bye to his mother for the last time. She knew he was being forced to marry Abigail, and that he believed in true love, so it was his mom who gave him that ring! When she gave the ring to him, she told him that love would always follow the ring." "Cute," Emma said "He and Snow White fell in love trying to get the ring back?" I asked. "Exactly!" Henry exclaimed, "so it turned out that love did always follow it." "Kind of," Emma said, "I guess so. It's a nice story." "It's not a story." "Fine," Emma replied, "it's a nice story about something that's not a story." "I think next time you see Mary Margaret," Henry said, "you should look at what she wears around her neck. Before you think you're so smart." "Why is that?" "Because she has it," Henry replied, "the ring." I realized I knew what Henry was talking about--I'd seen the ring on a chain around Mary Margaret's neck. I had not thought much about it and had never asked her what it was. I had always assumed it was a family heirloom. "So just to get this straight," Emma said, "your teacher, who is Snow White, who is also my mother, who has fallen in love with a man with amnesia, who is Prince Charming, is right now wearing a ring around her neck that was, for a time, in the possession of a gang of greedy bridge trolls and which was, before that, stolen by Snow from Prince Charming, who was on his way to give it to King Midas' daughter, Abigail." "Who is actually Kathryn," Henry added. "Got it," Emma said, "all cleared up." Henry nodded. "Yup. All cleared up."