Apples, Fairytales, and Dragons

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only Ashton and Charli are mine.

love this gif. Emma's pov still

I stepped into the elevator, and Regina began lowering me down.
It took probably about two minutes, but it felt like hours. Just standing there wondering what the hell I was going to face. I mean, a sword, really?!
When I got to the bottom, it was very dark. I couldn't see anything but a faint light above me. I was deep underground. I stepped out of the elevator and into  smoky cavern. It was hot, too-not at all what I had expected. I scanned my flashlight across the room, and something shiny caught my eye. I walked over to something big. Something glass. It took me a moment, but the realization came. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I could hear Henry's voice telling me how Snow White had been buried in a glass coffin. This was it. Wow. I stood back up and took a breath. And than I saw it. At first. I thought it was just another light, someone else shining a flashlight back at me, but it wasn't. It was an eye. A yellow eye. All was still, though, and I took a tentative step forward and reached out toward the blackness besides the eye. My hand touched something that wasn't stone.
What the hell... I thought.
It was scaly, warm. I rubbed my hand along it. And than the walls began to move. I heard a grunt, and than roar. Before I could realize what was happening, a full life sized dragon was coming at me with a screech and a ball of fire.

Ashton's P.O.V:

While I was a the hospital, Mary Margaret came to see Henry. She greeted me and than went in next to Henry. She saw his storybook and smiled. I saw her flip to a page with a picture of a prince and princess. I realized that the princess was probably her. It was Snow White. I watched as her lips moved along as her eyes scanned the page, reading the story to Henry's sleeping form. Than I saw her eyes widened as she stepped back.
"Mary Margaret?" I asked, rushing in. "What's wrong?"
"I-I what are the machines doing? What's happening to him?" She asked frantically. The beeps became urgent, and sounded like warning. Dr. Whale and a team of nurses ran in, telling us we had to get out now.
"What the hell is happening?" I asked.
"He's crashing," Whale replied. "You have to leave."
Mary Margaret and I left the room, tearing up. Mary Margaret's hand was over her mouth. My heart was pounding in my chest. I could hear it.
I couldn't hear what the doctor's were saying as they all crowded around Henry, but I knew one thing: Henry was dying.

Emma's P.O.V:

The dragon flew up into the air and spread it's wings at full length. It shrieked down at me. It was huge, almost too big to fit in the cavern. This couldn't be happening. I panicked, my brain was not functioning right. Dragons?! This was not possible. Thank God my body took care of the self preservation. I ran, changed direction, dove as the dragon swooped at me, raining fire at my back. This bitch is pissed, I thought, getting to my feet.
Overhead, the dragon was circling, so I ran to the other side of the cavern, where I saw a good outcropping of rock. I dove under it just in time, feeling the scalding heat of the flame against the skin of my cheeks. This time, the dragon didn't circle away. It landed.
I turned, eyes wide, and looked at the growling creature. It was not even ten feet away from me, and I was terrified. I feebly held up the sword up, but it was heavy and ungainly. I could tell that the dragon was amused. I dropped the sword, pulled out my pistol, and started to shoot.
After firing into the heart of the dragon, it was obvious bullets would not do anything to this monstrous beast. The dragon lunged at me, and I ran to the other side of the cavern, the dragon snapping its huge jaws right behind me. When I was at the far wall, I steadied myself.
I changed the aim of my pistol and fired at the head in a tight pattern near the nose. Little spouts of blood came out where the bullets hit the dragon's head, but they had little impact.
"Really?!" I said aloud.
I than saw that the dragon's chest seemed to be glowing orange. I guess I'm going to have to dig that potion out of it. The sword was on the other side of the cavern, back where I had dropped it. I tossed the gun aside, visualizing the steps I would have to take to get the sword back. The dragon turned to face me, I smiled, and than went straight for it.
The dragon was very confused by my charge, and was late shooting a long plume of fire at me, so late that I made it past, and made it underneath the legs of the hug beast. I dove for the sword and felt it in my hand. The dragon, confused, slowly turned around, screeching in frustration.
It rose up then, ready to turn me into ashes.
I waited as long as I possible could.
And than I threw the sword.
The blade of the sword struck the beast directly at the glowing spot on its chest, and the dragon screamed an ungodly scream, its wings flapping in agony. The scream, however, did not last long. All at once, the tremendous creature exploded into a ball of flame and ash.
I hit the floor and waited for the hot wind to pass over me. When all was quiet again, I approached what was left of the body-really just a pile of black ash. I sifted through it for a moment, but the potion wasn't hard to find. A white jeweled egg, the perfect carrying case for a love potion. I collected it, found my sword, and headed back to the elevator shaft.

so, yeah. a lot of updates in one day. I felt this was a long enough chapter, so the resolution and season finale is the next chapter! get ready babes :)