Kicked out

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

A few hours later, Emma and I are talking in Granny's B&B. Emma tells me what she did to Regina's apple tree, which I smile at. Emma also says she is not going anywhere. Granny, seeming rather uncomfortable, comes over.
"I'm sorry dear," she says to Emma, "but we have a no-felon policy here. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
"What?" Emma says, then realizes. "The newspaper report? From this morning?"
Granny nods sadly. Emma, obviously not surprised, produces the key to her room.
"And let me guess," she says, "it was a call from the mayor's office that reminded you of your own policy.
"We try to keep things safe for our travelers," Granny says, taking the key. "That's all."
"That's ridiculous!" I complain as Emma packs up her few things.
"It's Regina's way of fighting back after I sawed down her apple tree." We walk out to her car.
"I wish I had a place of my own. You'd be welcome to stay with me if I did not stay in the place you just got kicked out of..." Emma smiles,
"Thanks Ashton. What the...?" Emma says, squinting as we approached her VW with her bag. There was a boot on the front wheel. "Does this woman ever take a break?" Emma asks.
"Apparently not." Emma's phone starts ringing. "It's Regina," Emma tells me, "she wants to make a deal."