Finding Henry

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

We all drive to the school. I am slightly anticipating meeting Mary Margaret because I want to know if I knew her in the Enchanted Forest.
"Here we are then!" Graham chirps. 
Mary Margaret is petite and pretty, with close cropped dark hair and, judging by the sparkle in her eye, probably feisty. We arrive just as her class is filing out of the room. Regina asks about her credit card. She pauses, thinking for a moment. I can tell she is thinking about the precise moment Henry had tricked her and stolen it from her wallet.
"Clever boy," she says, "I never should have given him that book."
"What is this book I keep hearing about?" Regina asks.
"It's a book of stories I thought might help Henry," Mary Margaret replies. "He's a creative boy. He's special. We both know that. He needed stimulation." Regina seems to have heard enough, or to have detected an insult in what Mary Margaret said. She huffs, shakes her head, and turns to Graham. "Come on, lets go find Henry. This is useless," Regina begins, before turning back to Mary Margaret, "What he needs, Miss Blanchard, is a reality. Facts. Truth. He doesn't need stories." I roll my eyes. Regina is really trying to put Henry down about this book theory of his. She clearly does not want him to have any kind of imagination for some reason. Mary Margaret says nothing to Regina's tone, just raises her eyebrows. Regina storms out of the room, followed by Graham, but Emma and I stay  behind. Mary Margaret smiles kindly at Emma and I.
"Welcome to Storybrooke?" She says, which sounds a lot like a joke. Emma smiles. "I'm afraid this is partly my fault," Mary Margaret says, crossing the room and beginning to organize her desk. "He's been so lonely lately. I just thought he needed stories." She thought about this for a moment, then looks at me.
"What do you think stories are for?" She asks.
"Burning up time?" I offer. It was a strange question.
"I think they're a way for us to understand our own world," Mary Margaret says. "In a new way. Regina is sometimes hard on Henry, but his problems go so much deeper than that. He's like so many adopted children-angry, confused. Wondering why anyone could have ever-" She stops herself, obviously realizing who she is talking to. Emma's eyes start tearing up, but she quickly hides the tears with a smile.
"It's okay," Emma says quickly, "It's old news."
"I didn't mean to judge. I apologize. I think I gave Henry the book just to give him what no one around here seems to have. A new feeling. The feeling of hope," Mary Margaret says with sadness in her voice. I realize Mary Margaret is talking about herself more than anyone else.
"I know where Henry is," I say, "I mean, I think. I can't say for sure, but you might want to check his castle." Mary Margaret nods, agreeing with what I already think.