Not a Coincidence

I'm so sorry it's been bloody forever since I updated🙁

Emma and I had dropped off Henry. I realized I hadn't really seen Charli in a while. It seemed everything had been going back to the same pattern. Me and Emma working out stuff. But it wasn't the same. It couldn't be. Because no matter how Emma acted, even if she acted nice, I couldn't ever forgive her completely. Not really. I guess there were some good things that had happened from her leaving me. Seeing Hook, if that even is a good thing. I'm still not really sure. I started wondering where he was. Would be figure out how to get back to Storybrooke ever? I shook that out of my mind as I knocked on Charli's door.
"Hey," she answered.
"Hey," I replied.
"Come on in," Charli smiled, opening the door wide. I walked in. The apartments in this building were all the same layout basically.
"So what's up?" Charli asked.
"I just figured we could hang out. It's been...busy lately."
She smiled. "I'd love to."

I quickly learned Charli was a shopper. We went to about every store Storybrooke had. And that's good, considering it's a small town and there can't be more than 50 miles circumference. But, yeah. It was a fun time. Just to have someone to hang out with, and Charli was so easy to trust. It was obvious she was the kind of person you can completely know immediately that she'll keep secrets no matter what.
"So," I said after we had gone through about twenty stores. "After the curse broke did you find anything about your parents?"
Charli looked sad immediately when I said that.
"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't mean t-"
"No," she interrupted, "it's fine. I just can't find them anywhere. I searched the whole damn town and put up lost posters. There's no trace of them in this place. They're not here..."
"Who were they? I mean, maybe we can ask around. See if someone knew them."
"Thanks, but they weren't known by many people. I mean, they were, they were royalty, but none of their citizens are here."
"I'm best friends with royalty," I said. "Oh my god that's actually quite ironic when you look at it my way. Charli, I'd love to help you. But their names would really help..."
"Prince Philip and Princess Aurora," Charli replied.
"Oh, my god!" I exclaimed. "Aurora?! I know her. I mean, she was in the Enchanted Forest when Emma, Mary Margaret, and I were back there. She helped us! She actually saved us."
"What!" Charli said excitedly. "Are you serious? Oh my! How was she? Dos she look well? How about my dad, Philip. Was he well? I-"
Charli paused when she saw me bite my lip.  "What's wrong then?" She asked.
"I, don't want to be the person to tell you this. But...your dad is dead."
Charli traced back a few steps and sat down on a bench. I sat next to her, putting my hand on her knee. "But," I said. "There's hope for him. I mean, he was consumed by a Wraith, the same thing that attacked Regina. But Aurora and Mulan were going to find a way to get him back. They had a plan to get him back. He may not be here, but they're alive. Both of them. And I swear that one day I will get you back to them, okay?"
Charli managed a weak smile, even though tears were sprinkling her face.
"You always want to be a hero, don't you?" She asked.
"No," I said. "I just want to be a friend."

I answered my phone when it rang. We were back at Charli's.
"What?!" I answered the phone. "Are you bloody serious? I thought he died, or left, or something... Where is he?"
"Mary Margaret found him in a trailer in the woods. He's completely turned to wood," Emma said.
"Oh, my god," I said. "I'm coming right now. I'll meet you both on the perimeter of the woods in five minutes."
"Okay," Emma said and we hung up.
"What was that about?" Charli asked.
"August is alive. I mean, I guess so. He's completely turned to wood," I told her.
"Well, you better go and find him," she said, smiling, but it was fairly obvious she didn't really want out fun day to be ended like this.
"Why don't you come too?" I asked her. "Want to be part of the scooby gang?"
Charli laughed. "Oh, God," she said. "I'd be honored."
"Great!" I said. "Let's go."

Charli and I met Emma and Mary Margaret in the woods. Marco was there too since Pinocchio is technically his son.
"This is all my fault," Marco said as we walked.
"Our children make their own decisions, Marco," Mary Margaret told him. "You can't blame yourself for anything that's happened."
"Yes," he said. "I can. And you should blame me, too. The wardrobe I built you, the one the transported Emma to this world. She did not go alone."
"Of course she did," Mary Margaret said. "The wardrobe only had enough magic to transport one person."
"No, that was a lie I made the Blue Fairy tell you! It had enough magic to transport two. And it did," Marco sighed. "Your daughter...and my son. Pinocchio."
"I could've gone with her...?" Mary Margaret said. "With Emma?"
"There is no apology I could give to make up for what I did. But I am so sorry," Marco finished, taking his hat off and putting it over his heart. Mary Margaret sighed, and than punched Marco right in his jaw.
"Mary Margaret!" Emma yelled at her. "What are you doing?! He's apologizing."
"No, no. It's okay. I deserve that."
"No," Mary Margaret said. "That wasn't me. Marco, I am so sorry. I'm not myself. You just made a mistake. I would've done the same for my child. I forgive you. You were protecting your son."
"No," Marco said. "I burdened him with a weight no child should have to bear. And I called it love."
Mary Margaret didn't reply. She just looked at the ground.
"Is that the camper?" I asked.
We all walked up to it.

I feel like I haven't updated in a month. I'm really sick right now and I probably will go to the doctor today. I'll try to update again tonight but if not than I'll definitely update tomorrow. If you still read this story, than bless you. Because I'm a horrible updater.
Liz xx