Captain

Once to the docks, it didn't take long to find the Jolly Roger. I went right aboard and began working it. Captaining a ship is like riding a bike: you don't forget. Once we got the ship out of the harbor, Neal came up to the wheel.
"So, I seem to remember you saying you could captain a boat?" I said.
He smiled. "Yeah. I guess we had the same teacher."
I stepped back from the wheel. "Take it away, captain."
Neal was, in fact, a very good captain. He was almost as good as me or Hook. Henry after a while came up and asked to try. I sat down behind them, on a ladder so that I was higher than them.
Henry was smiling as Neal showed him where to put his hands to steer the ship on the wheel. Henry looked back at me.
"This is easy!" He said.
"Yeah," Neal replied. "It's navigation that's a bitch."
Henry looked confused so Neal reworded it.
"It's really hard."
"Oh," Henry said, quickly regaining his smile.

Once to Storybrooke, Emma and Neal helped Gold off the boat. Mary Margaret and David were waiting for us.
"Are you alright?!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.
"Yeah," Emma sighed. "Yeah. Yeah. We're all right."
"Uh, I drove a ship!" Henry said happily.
"Did you, now?" David asked.
"Yeah, Ashton and my dad showed me how!"
David looked confused at the 'my dad,' so Neal raised his hand slightly and said,
"That's me."
"Thank you, thank you," Gold said as he leaned against David's truck.
"Is Cora trying to control you with the dagger?" David asked.
"You'd know if she would. Because most of you would be dead by now," Gold replied.
"Well, then, we'll just have to take the fight to her before that can happen," Mary Margaret stated.
"We will," David sighed.
"And this time, we finish it." The look in Mary Margaret's eye when she said that was not a good one. It looked like she was ready to kill Cora.
"Mary Margaret-" David began, but Mary Margaret cut him off.
"David," she said. "She needs to be stopped. She needs to be killed. This is our family and we are going to protect it!"
"Oh course we will," he said. "But what you're talking about goes beyond that."
"Does it?!" I heard Mary Margaret exclaim. "Because she is the reason you've never met my mother!"
I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation, David pulled Mary Margaret to the side, obviously not wanting everyone to hear what he was going to say.
"You okay?" Emma asked Gold.
"Ah, I'm beginning to feel a bit stronger," he replied, sitting up from the truck. "Take me back to my shop. There's magic there that can protect us."
David and Neal helped Gold begin walking towards the shop, and Henry piped up, standing next to Ruby.
"Let me guess," he said, "I get to go with Ruby."
"You got it kid," Emma replied.
"I'll keep him out of the crossfire," Ruby assured Emma.
"Thank you."
"Don't look so worried," Henry said. "You'll stop Cora. You won't let her get away." He smiled and left with Ruby.

Gold groaned as he sat down on a bench in the back of his shop.
"Emma, did you find it?" He asked.
"Yeah. There's nothing in it," she replied. Emma was holding an empty jar. She shook it, and it made a sound.
"What the hell?" She asked, reaching her hand in and taking out a piece of something.
"Invisible chalk," Gold said. "Use it in the doorway. Draw a line. The rest of you? You might want to prepare for battle."
Emma obeyed and began drawing the line around the door. David, Neal, and I all went into the main shop, finding swords and other weapons. I was a bit behind the others, so I went outside to see if anything was coming.
"It's all clear outside," I said, coming back in. "Everything okay?" I looked between Neal and Emma.
"Yeah," Neal said. "Great."
"Right..."
Emma walked to the back again, telling Gold she finished drawing the line.
"...I think," she said. "What now? You cast a protection spell?"
"No, no. You're going to do that for me. I'm relying on you."
"I can't cast a spell. I can spell "spell.'"
"You can," Gold said. "It's in you."
"How?" Emma asked. "Here? Like, from my brain?"
"Just try," Gold told her. Emma signed and closed her eyes. "Stop thinking!" Gold yelled. "Conjuring magic is not an intellectual endeavor! It's emotion. You must ask yourself 'Why am I doing this? Who am I protecting? Feel it."
Emma nodded slightly and turned, breathing in deeply. There was a low humming and a white light showed through the windows.
"Oh yeah, you feel it?" Gold asked her.
"Yeah, I think I did."
"Good girl. Very good girl."
••••••••••
We watched out the doors of the shop, knowing Cora and Regina would probably make their way here soon. Soon after, the whole building slightly shook.
"It's them," David said, coming into the back room where Emma, Gold, Neal, and I all were. "Regina and Cora, they're here."
Emma, Neal, David, Mary Margaret, and I all lined up in the front room. Everyone had a weapon except for Mary Margaret. The front door slammed open as Cora and Regina walked in.
"Regina," Emma said. "Think about what you're doing."
"Don't talk to me," Regina told her as she summoned up a fire ball, throwing it at Emma. David jumped in the way and blocked the fire with his sword. Regina used her magic to make him fly out of the door, shutting it behind him. Than Cora knocked Emma against the wall. Neal and I advanced on Cora, but she disappeared in a purple puff of smoke, reappearing on the other side of the room. Regina walked to Emma, making a choking motion with her hand as Emma struggled to breath. The dagger fell to the floor between Neal and I, and Cora. Regina looked back at Cora, and Emma made her move by twisting Regina around and holding her sword against her neck.
"What's it gonna be?" Neal asked Cora.
"Mother!" Regina said.
"Choose wisely," Neal said.
Cora used her magic to make the dagger flip into her wrist, and Emma pushed Regina against her.
"Fall back to Gold!" Emma exclaimed. "I have the chalk!"
We all ran to the back room, Emma quickly scrambling to draw a messy line with the chalk.
Her phone rang and she picked it up.
"David?...for now. I've got the spell up in the back room...she's not with you?..." Emma hung up the phone.
"It's getting weaker," I said, looking at the protection spell. Cora was using her magic to slowly weaken it. "She's gonna get through."
"Maybe it's for the best," Gold said. "At least this cursed power will pass from this world."
"No," Neal said. "No. You're not dying."
"I am dying," Gold replied. "That much is certain. I need to talk to Belle. Emma, please."
Emma handed Gold her phone.
"Who's Belle?" Neal asked.
"Your dads girlfriend," I said.
Neal raised his eyebrows, not liking the news apparently.
After a minute of Gold ringing, I assume Belle picked up. Gold began talking,
"Sweetheart, I am dying...I know that you're confused about who you are. So I'm going to tell you. You are a hero who helped your people. You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me. You find goodness in others, and when it's not there, you create it. You make me wanna go back. Back to the best version of me. That never happened before. So when you look in the mirror, and you don't know who you are, that's why you are. Thank you, Belle," he said softly, and put the phone down, breathing heavily.
"Didn't know you had that in you," Neal said.
"Oh, I am full of love. I've spent a lifetime looking for you. For a chance to say I love you. And I'm sorry," Gold said, sniffling.
"I didn't think you would go back on our deal," Neal said.
"I just made the wrong choice," Gold replied softly. He held out his hand for Neal. "May I?"
"I'm still angry," Neal said, his voice breaking.
"I know," Gold said, but Neal took his hand anyways. He leaned his forehead against his dad's head. I looked away, thinking about Hook. Where the hell was he right now? He would get out of the storage room, but would he get back? I didn't want to lose him again. We continued to hear an electrical crackling sound as Cora finally broke through the blocking.
"You three," Cora said to Neal, Emma, and I, "out of my way." She flicked her wrist and we were suddenly in the middle of the woods.
"No!" Neal yelled. "We have to get back!"
We all ran back to the shop, but by the time we got there...it had all happened.

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. This next week especially is really busy for me. It's spirit week at my school so I have homework and also extra activities every night. I will try and update tomorrow though!
Love you babes :-)
Liz xx