Accident?

Disclaimer: rights to ABC and Odette Beane.

Saturday morning, the first person I saw was Emma. To say the least, she was mad. Emma told me that Gold had planned for her to tell the truth, and ultimately she had done exactly what he planned. In Emma's opinion, the only reason he wanted her as sheriff, is because she still owed him a favor, we both did, and Gold wanted Emma in the position to help him. Emma vented for half an hour. "God! I can't believe I played right into Gold's hands!" "There's no way you could've seen what he was planning. You did what you thought was right, Henry knows you did the right thing, and that's what's most important, right? Your son's approval?" I asked. "Yeah, I suppose so." "Good. Then don't focus on how much of a conniving son of a bitch Gold is." Emma cracked a smile. The phone rang. "Storybrooke Sheriff's Department, how can I help you?" I asked, picking up the phone. "I'm out at the docks and a fishing boat just started sinking. There's someone out there." "Okay, we're leaving now." I hung up the phone and turned to Emma, "Emergency at the docks! A fishing boat is sinking and someone says there's someone out there." Emma and I got out to the police car, turned on the siren, and drove to the docks.

Sure enough, a fishing boat was out in the harbor, slowly going underneath the water. "How the hell are we going to get out there?" Emma asked. "Let's take a boat." There were small motorboats available for rent, so the man, who I knew as Smee, gave us one since it was an emergency. "Any idea how to work a motorboat?" Emma asked, a note of panic in her voice. "Uh, yeah." I turned on the motor and quickly got us out to the sinking boat. We checked the wreckage. "I don't see anyone..." I said, scanning the clear water. "Me either." In fact, the boat had no supplies, life jackets, fishing rods, nothing on it. "That's weird," I said. "What?" "Here," I said, pointing to the back of the sinking boat, almost fully submerged, "there's a missing board here. In fact, the whole hull is missing." "Are you implying that someone sabotaged a boat? For what reason?" "I have no idea. But this doesn't just happen to a boat." "I swear, this town is the oddest place in the world." "Yeah, there's no doubt about that." I guided the small boat around the rapidly sinking boat. "Pull that cushion up," I told Emma. She picked up the seat cushion, but there was nothing there. While Emma was attempting to check all the seats, the glare of something caught my eye. I got our boat as close as possible, and picked up something. "Oh, no. Oh bloody hell, no." I thought, taking the object and sticking it in my jacket pocket. "I don't see anything," I said, "let's head back." Emma nodded.

"Why would someone do that, though?" Emma asked once we were back at the station. "Sick joke?" "Really sick joke," I replied, "and the lady who called didn't even give a name..." Emma looked at me. "Thinking the same thing?" "Yeah, let's trace the call."

"How is this possible?!" I exclaimed. Emma and I had traced the call, right back to a message that said "server out of reach". "What does that even mean?!" "Ashton, calm down. It was probably just some sick teenage joke." "But the voice, it was so familiar. I know the lady... I just can't figure out from where!" "If you know her, than she probably isn't from around here, right?" "Yeah, but there's no way we'd be able to figure it out. For all we know, it could've been someone I passed in the streets, or a taxi driver in Manhattan. No one significant."

Thunder rumbled outside. "Sounds like a really bad storm is coming," Emma said, looking out of the window. "Yeah, it does." "Ash, why don't you go home, you look tired." "Nah, I'm fine." She raised her eyebrows. "Okay, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." I grabbed my jacket off the rack, sliding it on and fingering the object in the pocked. When I got outside, I hopped on my motorcycle and began riding back to my apartment, not noticing the brown haired, motorcycle rider parked across the street.

Thanks for reading, I will update soon!