Ice Cream Truck

We did not find any mention or sign of Anna in the town curse records. After a while, I left, and went back to my apartment. I had finally got it in somewhat order. I had done every procrastinating I possibly could to not go into Charli's room. But it had been a year. Over a year since I had last saw her. And maybe it was time to move on. I walked into her room, and the sight of everything so perfect, everything so neat, everything so...Charli like. I closed her door and, once again, left it as it was.
A knock on the door interrupted my moment, and I opened the door to Henry.
"We found something," he says, and pulled me out of my apartment with no more explanation.
"Whoa," I say, pausing a moment to lock the door and grab my keys. "You found what?"
"Come on," Henry runs down the stairs. "We have to get to the sheriff's station."
I follow quickly after him. Inside the station, Mary Margaret, Rumpelstiltskin, Hook, Regina, Belle, Elsa, David, and Emma are already there, sitting around a computer, watching something.
"Emma, you're so young," Mary Margaret is saying while she watches a video of what I assume to be young Emma, 13 or 14, in a house. The video features a short boy with red hair who seems to have stolen the camera from Emma, because she's following him and trying to get it back. Another lady comes in the video and tells the boy, Kevin, to give the camera back.
"I'm sorry," Regina says. "Are you missing the part where she's with the Snow Queen? Emma, you knew her before you came to Storybrooke?"
"Apparently my run-in with her in town wasn't the only memory she erased," Emma says. "All this time in this foster home, or whatever that place was--it's gone."
"Look, I-I just don't understand," Belle stutters. "How did she even end up in this world?"
"We were hoping Gold could tell us that," Emma turns around to face Rumpelstiltskin. "You spent more time trying to get here than anyone. How the hell did she do it?"
"Considering the time I spent on the same task, I'd love to know," he replies.
"Does it really matter how she got to Emma?" asks David. "I mean, shouldn't we be more concerned about why?"
"Obviously she needed her for something, but what?" Regina adds. "Well, that's our next problem."
"Well, we know she'd hiding somewhere in the North Woods," says David. "We combed every inch of her shop. We tore apart her house. She must have cleared everything out days before. Which means she must be hiding something."
"But where?" Emma says.
"What about her ice cream truck?" I suggest.
"Whoa-Snow Queen has an ice cream truck?" asks Emma.
"Yeah, we used to visit all the time," Henry says, grinning at me.
"Then we split up into groups," says David. "We search the town, the woods. Hook, Regina, Ashton, Emma, you take the west. Gold, you're with me for the east."
"I think we know I work best alone," Rumpelstiltskin replies.
"Well, no time to argue about that," David sighs. "Belle, how are you at tracking?"
"Uh, actually. I-I think I'll be more helpful at the library," Belle says. "Maybe I can dig something up on the Snow Queen."
"I'd like to come with you, Belle, if that's okay," Elsa says. "Maybe something about my sister will be there too. Unless you'd rather not have the company?"
"No, n-not at all," Belle smiles. "I would love some."
We all disperse to our stations to begin searching for the Snow Queen.
Heading towards the west woods, we conveniently run into Robin Hood, and he knows exactly what we are looking for. Robin and his group of merry men lead us right to the location of the Snow Queen's ice cream truck.
Emma calls David.
"David, call off the search party. We found the truck near the Merry Men's camp."
She ends the phone call.
"Thanks for keeping an eye out," Emma says to Robin.
"Gladly," Robin says. "You're the first sheriff I don't mind assisting." He paused a moment to fall next to Regina. "Regina, I was hoping we could talk."
"If you haven't noticed, I'm a little busy," she replies sharply and continues walking.
"You could've just said 'Maybe later,'" Emma tells Regina.
"I know you're trying to make everything better," Regina says. "But staying out of it is your best bet. It's bad enough I'm stuck with you and Captain Guy-liner making eyes at each other."
"I don't make eyes," Emma sighs.
We open the back of the ice cream truck to see it looks cleaned out.
"It appears she beat us to it," Hook says as we climb inside. "She's cleared out the vessel."
"What now?" asks Regina. "Should we question the cows she gets her milk from? Maybe search the waffle-cone factory?"
"Hang on," I say. "Look. Who locks their freezer? Was she afraid someone was gonna steal the Rocky Road?"
"Stand back," Hook says, and breaks the lock with his hook.
Emma opens the freezer and pulls out a file that has the article from when she was abandoned. "7 Year Old Boy Finds Baby on Side of Road."
"Look's like the Dairy Queen's been following me for a long time," Emma says.
"Since before foster care?" asks Regina.
"Since I landed in this world," Emma hands her the article. "According to that, she was my foster parent for six months. That's the longest I was ever in one spot, but I don't remember a second of it."
"You alright, Swan?" asks Hook.
"I'm fine, it was a long time ago," Emma says.
"Mm, perhaps, but wounds that are made when we're young tend to linger," he tells her.
"How would you know?" Emma asks.
"Believe it or not, I was once a child," Hook smiles.
"Yeah, like a million years ago," Emma smiles back.
"It was more like 200," Hook replies.
Emma pulls out something from inside the folder.
"What is it?" I ask.
"It's a painting I did from when I was in school," says Emma.
"That so surprising?" asks Hook.
"It's not the only one," Emma pulls out more. "This crazy woman has a whole file of my old art projects and essays. Just like the one that I have for Henry. You don't keep stuff like this unless you care about someone."
"Well, perhaps the Snow Queen wasn't simply using you," Hook suggests. "Perhaps she'd grown fond of you over time."
"Looks like the feeling was mutual," Emma reads off a card. "'Thanks for being the family I never had. Love, Emma.' I wrote that to her."
"Looks like you two were close once," says Hook.
"But she still erased my memories," Emma sighs. "Something must have happened to change all that. There has to be a clue as to why."
"Perhaps there is," Hook points out a paper in the folder. "If you can read hieroglyphs."
"This isn't from our world," Emma says, staring at the parchment with strange symbols written on it. "What the hell was she doing with me?"

New update every Sunday.