Cora

Disclaimer: All rights to ABC, Adam Horowitz, and Eddie Kitsis. Only Ashton and Charli are mine.

Babes, Hook is in the next chapter!! Who's excited?!

We were getting ready to leave the village, but first, Mulan showed us to a large bin with weapons inside.
"Choose wisely," she said. "We must be vigilant if we hope to survive this journey."
"Where's my gun?" Emma asked. "I want it back."
"Is it magic?" Mulan asked, turning the pistol around in her hand to look it over.
"Depends on who's pulling the trigger," Emma replied, taking the gun and putting it in her pocket. Mary Margaret grabbed a bow and arrows, Emma also grabbed a dagger, and I pulled out a sword. Being on a pirate ship, plus a dangerous island, you learn to use a sword.
"Follow my lead," Mulan said. "Step where I step. Do exactly as I say, and we might survive."
"Thanks for the pep talk," Emma said, "but I think we're okay. I just killed a dragon last week."
"Have you ever seen an ogre?" Mulan asked her, raising one eyebrow.
"Pretty sure I've dated a few."
Mulan ignored her and continued, "Legend has it that when they kill you, the last thing you see if yourself dying in the reflection in their eyes. Let's walk. It'll be dark soon."
Mulan led the way, Emma, Mary Margaret, and I all following behind.
When we got safely out of the village, Emma asked the question we both had been wondering.
"What exactly is the plan?" She whispered so that Mulan could not hear. "You haven't told me anything."
"The wardrobe," Mary Margaret replied.
"The wardrobe? 'The wardrobe?!' Like, "the wardrobe" that sent little baby me to Maine? You think it could get us back to Storybrooke?"
"I don't know," she replied. "First, we have to see if it survived the curse. Then we'll worry about making it work."
"Where is it?" I asked, joining the conversation.
"My place," Mary Margaret said softly, looking at Emma. "You wanna see where you're from, Emma? That's right, we're going home."

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

"This'll do," Mulan said when we had been walking through the woods for over half the day. "We'll make camp here for the night. We just need to find water. Collect some firewood."
"If we're hiding from ogres," Emma began, "shouldn't we maybe, I don't know, not start a fire?"
"Ogres are blind," Mary Margaret said. "They hunt by sound alone."
"Right," Emma said, "'Cause that's something everyone would know about Ogres."
"Look," Mary Margaret said, "I know you're out of your element..."
"I'm fine," Emma said, cutting her off.
"I know," Mary Margaret continued, "but maybe you should just stay here while we get wood and water? Guard the campsite?"
"You mean the big, empty clearing?"
"Chill, Emma," I said, "I'll stay too."
"It's the safest place," Mary Margaret replied, nodding. "We'll be right back."
Mulan and Mary Margaret left to find supplies.

"So, who are you in all of this?" Emma asked after a couple of minutes of silence.
"Huh?"
"I mean, who are you in the Enchanted Forest? Wait, let me guess, Rose Tyler?"
"Very funny," I said, "but no. I'm not really anyone special."
"Hey, everyone's special. Who are your parents?"
"Well, I never knew my mum, she left when I was young. Or died, I'm not really sure honestly. My dad was always a bit of a jerk, you'd actually probably like him."
"Hey!"
"God, I didn't mean it like you're a jerk. Just saying, I feel like you two would get along. And, yeah. He was a pirate. Is, I guess. Bit of a... interesting life there. So no one special. Just a bystander."
"Just because you weren't a prince or princess doesn't mean you weren't important. Or aren't important."
"Yeah, thanks," I said, giving a small smile.
"Anytime," she said, returning it.

It was dark, and Emma was pacing.
"Will you sit down?" I asked her, "You're giving me a headache."
"They should be back by now!" Emma exclaimed. "How long can it take to get wood and water?!"
"They probably just had to go a little ways to get it. Resources aren't exactly easy to find here," I said.
"I'm going to look for them."
"Whoa, whoa. Emma, if you go out there, how will that help? All due respect, you've never been here. If you go out there, in the dark no less, it's suicide."
"Than come with me."
"No, I'm staying here. It's called being smart, love."
"I'm being smart. And helping my friends. Now are you coming or not?"
I shook my head. "Fine, let's go."

"Where could they be?!" Emma exclaimed as we trekked through the darkness.
"Okay, listen. I'll go this way, you go that way. Only that way. We have to be able to find each other."
"Scared?"
"No, but you should be."
Emma and I went in opposite directions, both looking for Mary Margaret and Mulan.

It did not take long to find Emma again. All I heard was a loud gunshot, and I ran towards it. There was Mulan, grabbing Mary Margaret's arm. The other lady who had originally been with us when we were taken to the village was also there, on the ground, looking scared. Emma was standing at the top of a hill, gun pointed up, light colored smoke coming out of it.
"Emma!" Mary Margaret exclaimed. "What are you doing?!"
"Protecting you," she replied. "Drop the weapon."
"Do you have any idea what you're just done?!"
Emma did not have a chance to reply to Mary Margaret, because a loud growling was behind us, and we all separated as the Ogre came charging out of the woods. .