Neverland

Landing from a portal is not easy. Usually the portal drops you about five feet above the ground and especially when you have a ruddy bullet wound in your foot, it's impossible to land lightly. Pretty much I crumpled to the ground about ten feet away from Greg, Tamara, and Henry. I saw Henry try to get up immediately and run, but Greg grabbed him by his backpack strap.
"No. Uh-uh, uh-uh. Show down pal," Greg said. "You got nowhere to go."
"We made it," I heard Tamara say out, impressed. "Mission accomplished."
"Are you sure about that," I said, getting off the ground, ignoring the almost unbearable pain in my foot that was making my eyes slightly blurry. "Congrats. You're on the most dangerous island in the world with a bunch of hostiles. Do you even know where you are?!"
Tamara pointed her pistol at me.
"Come on, Tamara," Greg said. "It's just another hostage. We don't have time for this. Now, let's go!"
Tamara looked at me.
"You're coming with us," she told me.
"Bloody hell," I muttered. I went along. They went a while before stopping in a clearing with rocks on one side and a river on the other.
"We making smores?" Henry asked.
"No," Greg said after having built a fire. "Building a signal. Help me gather some dry leaves," he told Tamara. We need to let the home office know we're here."
"What if that's not enough?" Tamara asked.
"Finally, someone's grown a bloody brain."
Henry smiled for a second but it vanished.
Tamara continued. "What if the empty communicator wasn't an accident?"
"Don't let the kid get in your head," Greg told her. And than everything went hectic. A black creature came down, flew to Greg, and pulled out his shadow. Greg fell to the ground, dead.
"Henry, here, now," I said sternly, motioning him to come over to me behind a rock.
"Wh-what do we do?" He asked.
"Listen," I told him. "I've been here before. Neverland. Okay, there's many dangers here but I used to live here. I know Peter Pan. I need you to run. Just go, okay?"
He nodded. "Ashton..."
"Yeah?"
"Are you going to be alright?" Henry asked.
"Yeah, Henry. I promise you'll see me again real soon. Now go."
Henry took off from behind the bush.
"Follow the boy!" A male voice said and five shapes went after Henry. Henry and the five shapes were out of my view in less than fifteen seconds. I watched Tamara try to flee, but she got shot in the back by a cleanly shot arrow.
"They can get the boy. Let's head back to the camp."
I sat back and a stick cracked.
Gosh, I thought, doesn't that only happen in stupid horror movies?!
"Who's there?" The male voice asked.
I stepped out.
"Ashton?"
"Felix," I smiled.
He returned the smile. "Welcome back to the island."
•••••••••••••••
"How long has it been since I was here?" I asked Felix as I followed him back to the camp.
"I have no idea. Too long," he replied.
"Are there many new lost boys?" I asked.
"A few. Not many."
"Has anyone left?"
He smirked. "Is that your way of asking if Devin is still here?"
I bit my lip. "Well, is he?"
"Yeah, A," Felix laughed. "He's still here."
"Right, so, why exactly does Pan need to pretend he's some kind of home office director to get lackies? I mean, isn't that kind of what the Lost Boys are?"
"He needed someone off the island."
"Well, if I know anything, he wouldn't want to destroy magic. Greg and Tamara were trying to get rid of magic. So what's the real plan?"
"I don't know if I should tell you that," Felix said.
"What am I going to do?" I asked. "Tell? There's not even anyone on this bloody island that already doesn't know besides Henry and me."
"I see the sassiness has stayed a main part of your personality," Felix remarked.
"I see the ugliness has stayed a main part of your face," I replied.
He paused for second, not saying anything, and than laughed.
"It's been a dull island without you, A," he said.
"Of course it is. I'm the best. I've got to admit, I missed Neverland a bit. But I never thought I'd be back." I paused "Do you have to walk this bloody fast I've got a hurt foot you know?"
"Why do I have this stupid idea that foot wouldn't stop you from doing anything?" Felix said.
"Because I'm a stubborn ass?"
"Yeah, that's it."
"Shut up," I told him. "Now I know why I didn't miss Neverland."
"Don't pretend you didn't miss all of us, A. Devin wasn't the same after you left."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well, I mean you leaving wasn't exactly the most obvious of ways to go. Leaving out of nowhere without even saying goodbye."
"No," I stopped him. "I couldn't. If I did than I wouldn't have left. I couldn't stay here anymore, you know that. You're the only bloody person that knows why. You and Pan. So you know damn well I didn't...I couldn't face him and say goodbye."
"That doesn't change the fact you had to leave, and he didn't know why."
I didn't answer back. It was only a couple minutes before we got to their camp. There wasn't anyone there. They were probably out still looking for Henry.
"What's your ploy with Henry?" I asked Felix. "Chasing him into the Neverland woods isn't a good starting place if you're trying to bribe him or something. He could be hurt right now."
"God, A," Felix replied. "When did you turn into a mom."
"I didn't. Henry's special. And I don't mean that in a bad way. He's like my little brother."
"Whatever," Felix said. "What happ-"
"Ashton?" There was the voice. The voice I never thought I'd hear again after I left. The one I couldn't even say goodbye to when I left.
"Hi, Devin."

I don't know if I'll have any time at all to update this week; that's why I updated so much during the weekend. Hope you like this, I can't wait to continue writing in Neverland!!
Liz xx
Love you babes