Hat Trick

Disclaimer: right to ABC and Odette Beane.

I waited in my room at the B&B, trying to imagine why Emma hadn't called yet. It was 11:50. Not a good sign. If she didn't call in ten minutes, than I was going looking for her.
At 12:00, I grabbed my jacket and headed downstairs out of the B&B. I took the sheriff's car since I didn't feel like being in the bitter cold on my motorcycle, and started driving around Storybrooke, looking for Emma's yellow bug. I searched the whole town. Not seeing anything, I drove to the outskirts of the town. It was raining, and the roads near the edge of town were covered in mud. Honestly, it was good that they were. Leading onto a small road I had never noticed before was fresh car tracks, and I figured it was worth a look.
I drove about a quarter mile through the woods until I came to an open wrought iron gate. There was an impressive house there. Classical, regal, enormous, and lit up like a Christmas tree.
I had never noticed this house before, which seemed a little odd. Something about it didn't feel...right. And my suspicions were confirmed when I saw Emma's Bug parked outside of it, not even parked straight.
I backed up the car until it was hidden behind some bushes. I was about to call for help, when I saw an oddly formal looking man come out of the house, open the door of Emma's car, and begin walking back, pistol in hand. Than I realized I had to get in there. He wasn't some guy Emma had decided to stay with for the night.
I loaded my pistol, took it off of safety, and, once the guy was back inside, crept up to the door. I was about to go inside, when a motorcycle pulled outside of the house.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper-screamed at August.
"Checking something out, I could ask the same of you."
"I'm deputy, and Emma's car is right there. I think she's inside here."
"Then why haven't you gone in?" August asked.
I rolled my eyes. "I was about to. Okay, since you're here, you can help. I need to know what this guy looks like. If things have already gone badly, than I need to see his face. Ring the doorbell, get him to come to the door, yeah?"
August nodded. "Sure, I'll help. But you owe me coffee."
"You're already out here," I said. "It's not like I'm asking you to help me get Emma out."
"Is that a no?"
I sighed. "Fine, August. God, will you just ring the doorbell?"
He nodded.

August rang the doorbell. I was sitting inside the car, watching, as the mystery man opened the door and talked to August for a moment. They talked, and than August hopped onto his motorcycle and left. Once the guy was back inside, I left the car and went back to the door. I opened it slowly, holding out the gun as I scanned the room. He wasn't there. I started looking in the back rooms. Someone was grunting.
"Whoa, I got you. Mary Margaret, it's me. Calm down." I said, as I untied and gagged Mary Margaret from her chair. "Is Emma here?" I asked her as she rubber her wrists.
"Yeah," Mary Margaret breathed out. "He took her into another room. I don't know where."
"Okay, don't worry. I'll find her. Do me a favor, though?"
"What?"
"Don't run again, yeah? I don't have time to hear what happened about you getting out, but explain it to Emma. She deserves that, okay? She was looking for you to help you, not to lock you up."
Mary Margaret nodded. "I'll talk to her. I won't run again."
"Thank you," I said as I left that room and kept searching the house. I finally found Emma and her captor. They were talking, the guy facing the door. I listened in, waiting for my chance. He was holding Emma's gun, and she always kept it loaded. I could not just go running in there, and I could not shoot him without reason. Only if he started the gun shooting.
"You're open to faith, than," the guy said. "And let me tell you, you have to be if you're separated from your child."
"I know a thing or two about that."
"So you know sometimes you have to believe, because it's the only way you can stay sane."
"Maybe."
I saw Emma take a step towards a telescope which was leaning up against the window.
"So now you understand why I need that hat to work," the guy said.
What hat?
"I do," Emma said. "I do."
The guy half smiled, but before he could answer, Emma turned and whacked him on the head with the telescope. The guy ducked, and punched Emma, sending her careening, gun flying from her hands. The guy pinned her to the floor raving at her. Emma grabbed his scarf, pulling it off, which showed a dreadful scar going all the way across his neck, looking like his head had been cut off.
"Off with her head..." he said as he picked up the gun. I kicked into action, literally. I kicked the guy in the back of the head, tossed Emma her pistol, and held mine to the guy's head. Than Mary Margaret came in. The guy tried to back away, but he stumbled, and fell through the window.
"Oh, my god," I said, rushing to the window. But there was nothing. No body. Just a top hat.

Two updates in one day. You guys happy? Do you like the story so far? Comment!
Thanks, babes xx