Crystal

Elsa reluctantly handed over the necklace and gave it to Emma. Emma, along with Mary Margaret, David, and myself, go to Granny's and take it to Belle and the fairies who are working hard to get the counter for the spell of shattered sight.
"Do you have it?" Belle asks as soon as we enter Granny's.
Emma gives it to her. She turns over the bag that holds the pieces of the necklace, but looks at us confused.
"It's pebbles from the mine," Blue says.
"What?!" Emma exclaims.
"Where is it?" asks Mary Margaret.
"She tricked us..." Regina says. "So she can use it to keep tracking down her damn sister! I should know better than to trust blondes by now."
"We should go back and get it," says Emma.
"No, it's-it's too late," Belle says.
"Too late? Already?!" Mary Margaret asks.
"By the time you get back here, yes," Belle says. "Without Anna being here physically, there's no way to make a counterspell in time."
"Time for a hope speech?" Regina mocks Mary Margaret. "Virtues of blind faith?"
"Well, it seems Elsa's blind faith  is exactly what's screwing us right now," Mary Margaret yells.
"Coming from you, that's terrifying," says Regina.
"Well, I'm not giving up," Emma says. "I know she's down in the mines looking for Anna. I'm gonna go help Elsa find her."
"Well, then go," says David. "Because right now that's our only shot."
Emma leaves the diner in pursuit of Elsa.

"I guess we need to prepare," Mary Margaret says sadly, grabbing David's hand tightly. David smiles sadly at her.
"We can lock ourselves up in the jail," he tells her. "We won't cause anyone hurt."
"I'm going to my vault," Regina says. "If this really does bring out the worst in us..." She did not need to end her thought because we all knew that this curse might bring out the Evil Queen. So, Mary Margaret and David go to the jail, and Regina to the vault, and I guess I don't know what to do but go back to my apartment and wait, and worry. So that is exactly what I did.

When I locked my door, I went to the living area and sat underneath the window, waiting for something to happen. I didn't know what to expect, so I sat there until someone knocked at my door. I guess this was kind of the moment that changed a lot for me. If I hadn't gone to the door, so much would have gone differently, especially in a few years. I opened the door a little and the guy outside pushed it open the rest. And then he stuck his hand through my chest, pulled out my heart, and came in, closing the door behind him.
"What the bloody hell?!" I stepped back, shocked for obvious reasons.
"Whoa, calm down," he said.
"Calm down? You just took out my heart! Who are you?"
"I'm not keeping it," he said, so incredibly calmly it was annoying. "Well, I am, for now. But just until the curse is over."
"What the hell?"
"If someone has your heart, the curse won't affect you," he explains.
"So you randomly knocked on someone's door and took out their heart who you've never met before?!"
"Well, no. I've been watching you."
"Watching me? I've never seen you before in my life!" I exclaim.
"I keep a low profile," he says.
"You're crazy. Give me back my heart. Now," I tried to say bravely, but there's only a certain amount of pride to be had when someone is literally holding your heart in their hands.
"I told you, I can't. Not until the curse is over. I promise you will get it back and I'm a man of my word."
"Am I actually supposed to believe that?"
"Well, no, I suppose you don't. But you'll see I'll give it back if you could just be patient. If I was lying why wouldn't I have already made you do something since I control your heart."
"That sounds like some kind of reverse psychology. Maybe I'd trust you a little more if you told me who the bloody hell you are," I say.
"I'm Barry."
"Should I know who you are?" I ask.
"I suppose not. I've been watching you. Not creepily or anything. I just saw you one day and you were wearing that necklace."
"So you're a thief who wants to pawn my necklace?"
"No, I use to wear a crystal like that too. I know it prevents your magic."
"Let me get this right. You stalked me and decided to protect me from a curse by ripping out my heart, just to tell me something I already know?"
"No, I wanted to tell you to take it off. It's really dangerous."
"By preventing me from hurting anyone I love? Doesn't sound dangerous to me," I say.
"Just hear me out. Did you know that the crystal doesn't stop your magic? The magic keeps developing," Barry says.
"Yes, I know," I reply.
"The necklace is kind of like a, um...oh! It's like a catalyst to magic. It just keeps causing your magic to become stronger and stronger until it's going to be more dangerous even with the crystal on than it would be without the crystal at all."
"That sounds like a huge lie," I say.
Barry sighs and then perks up. "Come here," he says, going over to my window and looking out. Outside the window, the streets are chaos. People are carrying around all kinds of weapons, fire rages in the streets, and citizens are fighting throughout. "Look at the chaos. The curse is here, it's happening right now. So, there's something you're missing."
"Are you going to tell me or is this some kind of game?" I ask rudely.
"Just pay attention for one second. What's something obvious that you haven't asked."
I thought for a second, looking out at the streets and at Barry with my heart.
"Why aren't you affected by the curse?" I say, realizing that is what he had wanted me to ask.
"Exactly!" He exclaims. "Why am I not affected? I have my heart, and it's pretty clear that the curse is already here. That's what I was saying about the catalyst and the crystal. And how did I know it was going to get worse if you don't get rid of it? Well, I'm the prime example. I don't know how it got this far that I'm barely affected by anything magic anymore. If you don't take off the crystal, you're going to be worse off, and if you don't tell your loved ones about your magic, they're going to find out one day. And if it's not you telling them, it might not end well. I don't know any of the people you love, but I know what happened to me, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone."
Then I did the most reckless thing I possibly could have done. I trusted Barry, and I took off the crystal.