Very Persuasive?

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only Ashton and Charli are mine.

Henry was upset, to say the least. His eyes were puffy and red, his face was tear stained, and he looked as if someone had just broke his heart.
"Hi Ashton," he said without his usual chipperness.
"Hey kid, so Emma? What exactly happened?"
"I thought she was starting to believe. She asked me if I wanted to live with her, but than she wanted to leave Storybrooke. I can't let her leave until the curse is broken! If she does, than all these people will be forced to live this terrible life! It's not fair for the savior to leave the town when she hasn't done any savioring!" Henry exclaimed.
I had to pinch myself to stop from grinning at "savioring." He was such a sweet and adorable kid. Honestly, I couldn't stand to see him upset. It was horrible.
"Did you tell August to do something Henry? I know you've been talking to him a lot. But, honestly, it would be better for Emma to hear something from you than a stranger."
"No, I didn't tell him to do anything. He's been trying to get Emma to break the curse too, though."
"What could August have done to make Emma so wary about staying here? It's not just a spur of the moment 'hey, let's take my son and get the hell out.' Something must have ticked Emma off."
"He could've showed her the diner."
"What diner?" I asked.
"The one that was in the picture of the newspaper that was about a baby being found there twenty-eight years ago. Emma. August was saying something about showing her that."
"Oh God," I muttered. "Hold on. I'll call him."

"Hello?" August asked.
"Where did you take Emma and why did it all of a sudden change her whole mindset about Storybrooke?" I asked him, a tone in my voice.
"What do you mean change her mind?" He asked.
"I'm with Henry and apparently Emma just tried to take him out of Storybrooke before he changed her mind and they came back. Where did you take her?"
"To the diner where-"
I cut him off. "She was found as a baby. Atleast that's what it said in the newspaper, right?"
"...How did you know that?"
"Henry told me about your conversation. God, August. I understand you're turning to wood but you probably just ruined what little you have worked up to. Can't you see how stubborn Emma is?! God! August, you can't just rush into this! I-I honestly don't know what to do. Henry is heartbroken, Emma still wants to leave town, just wait 'til Regina hears about this! Bloody hell."
"Ashton, I can't wait anymore. I'm turning completely to wood, Ash. If Emma doesn't break the curse in the next 24 hours, I'm not going to be anything but fuel for a fire."
"August...okay, fine. God, you're such a bloody idiot. I'll go talk to Emma, try to persuade her to stay. But I can't guarantee anything."
"You'll get the job done," August said. "You're very persuasive."
I laughed. "Memories back to the time I stole your motorcycle and rode to Storybrooke, huh?"
"Yeah," he laughed.
"Okay, I'll let you know how it works. Bye, August." I hung up my phone and went to find Emma.

I found Emma leaving the diner. I was walking up to her when she took one step into the road and was almost run over by a pickup truck.
"Emma!" I heard Mary Margaret exclaim from across the street. "Are you okay?"
Emma looked at her and nodded.
"I'm so sorry," came another voice, this time from inside the truck. "I didn't see you!"
It was David. 
"Are you okay?" he echoed, rushing up to Emma.
"It's fine," Emma said. "I'm fine. I wasn't looking. I'm totally fine."
"We'll take you to the hospital," David said, putting an arm around her protectively. "You're not well."
"Does anything hurt?" Mary Margaret asked.
"Guys. No. Seriously. I'm okay. I have to go find Regina, I'll see you later."
"Good," I said. "I'll give you a ride. We need to talk."

When I had finally managed to get Emma in the sheriff's car, I immediately started off the conversation.
"What happened to make you all of a sudden leave?" I asked.
"I just can't do this anymore," she said.
"Do what?"
"Just...stay here. This place, it's not right."
"Not right? But why, Emma? You have your son. A best friend. A good, paying job. Okay, so you have to be bothered by a bitchy mayor sometimes? So what. No matter where you are there are always those people who just don't want your life to be right. Regina's not a big deal when you see all that you have People that love you, Emma. And you want to run away from all of that? Why?"
Emma didn't answer, so I continued,
"I can't think of anyone that I would stay with, you know why? Because I don't have anyone who loves me. Not in this land anyways. But if I did, I wouldn't leave them, because they would be all I have. It's pretty obvious you haven't had a good life, not enough where you know that if you love someone, you don't leave them, and you don't make them leave."
"I can't stay here, Ashton. I won't stay here. It's not right. You can say all the things in the world, but they won't change my mind. I'm leaving."
We were on Mifflin by now, so I parked. As Emma got out and started walking away I finished our conversation.
"Emma." She looked at me. "If you don't do it for yourself, do it for Henry."

After I had dropped off Emma at Regina's and headed back towards the sheriff's station, Henry called me.
"What happened now?" I asked.
"Emma wanted me to meet her at their apartment. What happened? Did she say she will stay? Was she happy? Sad? Mad?"
"Whoa, whoa. Henry. I talked to her, she didn't seem impressed, but I did. I told her to stay for you, and than she went to talk to Regina."
"That's good, right? Uh, can you come with me over there?" Henry asked.
"Why? I think Emma wants to talk to you alone, Henry. I did everything I could, it might be up to you to do the final deed. You need to figure out what you really want, kid. And whatever you decide. I'm behind you. Pirate's promise, yeah?"
I could practically see Henry's smile through the phone.
"Yeah. I'll call you later and tell you what happened, Ashton!"
"Okay, Henry. Good luck."

Two updates in one day to make up for not updating in time with the last chapter :)
Thank you so much for all the reads and like babes!! And thanks for all the get well wishes. You babes are the BEST EVVVVVER!! I love you so much!
Liz xx
(p.s. next chapter is going to be sooo fun so be excited!!)