Hook

Apparently the Ogre had gone after Emma. When I found everyone again, Mary Margaret was helping Emma up, who was breathing hard, eyes wide. Mulan was talking angrily with the other girl who had been with us when Emma, Mary Margaret, and I had originally been captured. We waited a minute for Emma to catch her breath, and than we started walking again.

"We're getting close," Mary Margaret said as we were walking through the dark woods.
"Aurora, you've got to keep up," Mulan said to the other girl.
"Sorry," she replied, "but I'm not exactly dressed for the woods. It's cold out here."
"Than maybe you should have listened to me and stayed back," Mulan said coldly, walking quicker.
"Here," Emma said to Aurora, handing her her red leather jacket.
"But...I tried to kill your friend."
"Actually," Emma replied. "She's my mom. I have a feeling she can take care of herself. And I get it. You're not the only one who's been screwing up lately."
"What kind of corset is this?" Aurora muttered as she looked over the jacket.
"Up here!" Mulan called out. We all quickened our pace so that we were next to her. Over the water, there was a castle. But it was in no way majestic. Nothing of what the castle was was still there. It was all broken down, crumbled.
"Is that it?" Emma asked.
"Yeah," Mary Margaret replied. "That's our home."

"Oh my God," Emma said when we walked into one of the crumbling rooms of the castle. "I recognize this from Henry's book."
"Come," Mulan said to Aurora. 'We'll stand watch at the gate."
"I never thought I'd see this place again," Mary Margaret said once Mulan and Aurora left. She had picked up a teddy bear, and I'm pretty sure I saw a tear fall down her cheek. "This room. It was your nursery."
"I lived here?" Emma asked.
"You never even go to spend a night. This is the life I wanted you to have. I was going to teach you to walk in here. How to talk. How to dress for your first ball. And you never got to do any of it. We never got to be a family."
"We have a family," Emma replied. "In Storybrooke. And right now, they need us to get back there. So, how do we get this to work," she finished, gesturing to the wardrobe. She opened it up. "Where's the on switch?"
"It's more complicated than that," Mary Margaret replied. "We'll have to get it back to the island. Hopefully someone there has enough magic to make it work again."
"How are we gonna carry this thing?" I asked.
"With the help of an old friend," a voice said from the doorway.
"Lancelot!" Mary Margaret said. "What are you doing here?"
"We heard about the Ogre attack, and I had to make sure you were all right."
"Ah," Mary Margaret said. "Where are Mulan and Aurora?"
"I sent them to find food," he replied. "Tonight, we'll make camp, and in the morning, we'll head back. So," he continued, looking at the wardrobe, "this is it? The portal you were after?"
Mary Margaret nodded. "The same one Emma went through. It's how she escaped the curse."
"Remarkable."
"Geppetto carved it from an enchanted tree, but there's no magic left."
"A portal this powerful," Lancelot said, "there must be another way to recharge it."
Mary Margaret smiled. "Why are you so interested in the wardrobe?" She asked jokingly.
"Well, I just want you to get home to your husband. And to your son, Henry. They must miss you."
Emma and Mary Margaret both half-smiled, but I didn't miss what he said. I drew my sword and pointed it at him.
"Ashton!" Emma exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing?!"
"Stay away from him. He's not who he says he is."
"What are you talking about?" Emma asked. "Who the hell is he?"
"You never told Lancelot Henry's name, Emma," I explained. "You only told one person."
"Cora," Emma said as "Lancelot"'s body was shrouded in a purple dust. He disappeared, and in his place there stood Cora.
"Clever girl," Cora said, looking at me. "You always were smart."
"Where's Lancelot?" Mary Margaret asked.
"He's dead. I killed him a long time ago."
"And you've been posing as him ever since."
"Well, they'd never listen to me," Cora said. "And besides, every kingdom needs a good hero, don't you think?"
Mary Margaret lunged at Cora with her sword, but Cora swiped her hand, making Mary Margaret fly across the room and hit the wall with a thwack. She pushed Emma aside, moving towards Mary Margaret again, making a choking motion with her hand.
"Thank you, Snow," Cora said. "I've been looking for a way over for so long. I never thought the person to help me find it would be you."
"Why?" Mary Margaret asked in a strained voice. "Why are you doing this?"
"I want to see my daughter. It's been too long. And, you know, I would love to meet my grandson, Henry."
"No," Emma said, "you won't."
Emma struck a match on the wood of the wardrobe. The whole thing began burning, filling the room with the smell of oak.
"No!" Cora yelled, charging towards Emma. Cora used her hand to conjure a fireball, but Mulan jumped in the way with her sword, making the fireball disappear.
"We're not done!" Cora yelled, disappearing in a cloud of smoke.
Mary Margaret gasped as she could finally breath again.
"Are you okay?" Emma asked, running up to her.
"You saved me..." Mary Margaret said.
"Yeah, well...Where is she?"
"Gone," I said.
"So is our ride home," Emma said, looking at the wardrobe now covered in flame.
"Lancelot was one of the most noble knights I knew," Mary Margaret said.
"How could I be so blind?!" Mulan exclaimed. "How could I not see that it was Cora?"
"Well," Emma said, "to be fair. The whole shape shifting thing threw me too."
"What are we going to tell them people on the island?"
"The truth," Mary Margaret said. "That Lancelot was cut down by a terrible villain. He died an honorable death."
"Cora's still out there!" Mulan said. "We need to find her. We need to defend what's left of the kingdom.
"Who's going to lead us?" Aurora asked. "You?"
"No," Mulan began. She finished, pointing at Mary Margaret. "Her."
"I'm honored," Mary Margaret said, "but we still have to find a way back to Storybrooke."
"We'll help you. We'll find a way, won't we?"
"Yes," Aurora said. "Perhaps it will help me channel my anger."
Mulan nodded, and we all walked back to the village.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"I don't know if I can do this," Aurora said as we were walking closer to the village. "I'm not a very good liar."
"It's not really a lie, Aurora," Mary Margaret replied. "Lancelot did die an honorable death and Cora did escape. All true. Just leave the particulars to us."
"Agreed," Emma said. "There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic among your people."
"I'm not so sure it's unnecessary," Aurora replied, but before she could finish, Mulan help out her arm, stopping us.
"Wait," she said. "The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance." She drew her blade. "Stay close."
We all followed close behind, but what happened wasn't hard to miss.
"Oh, my God," Mary Margaret whispered, covering her mouth in shock.
"Bloody hell," I said.
All around the village, there were bodies everywhere. All of them had one thing in common: a hole where there heart should be. Cora had been there.
"I'll check the woods around here to check for any survivors," I said.
Mulan nodded. "Make sure to check in any hollow log, ditches, anything. Everyone here was trained to survive. And they will do whatever they can. Good luck."
I nodded and left the group to check.
I could not find anyone in the woods. I didn't really expect to. Cora was evil and twisted. She would have made sure everyone was dead before leaving. That's how she always had been.
I checked in every possible place for someone to hide, but there was nothing. I finally headed back. Emma, Mary Margaret, Mulan, and Aurora were no longer in the main area of the village, so I followed a couple of rocks that had been laid in an arrow. Obviously something Mulan had done so I would not be worried.
I finally found them. They were all crowded around a thick tree. I realized there were two hands around the back. Someone was tied up to the tree. Cora...? Emma whistled, and I heard an Ogre growl in the distance. I guess she was using gentle persuasion against whoever was tied up.
Unfortunately, it was not Cora, as I saw when I walked around the perimeter of the tree.
Emma was raising her eyebrows at whoever was tied up, and than I saw him. The last person on earth I ever wanted to see again.
"Hook?!" I exclaimed.
"Ashton?"

HE IS HERE!! What do you babes think?
I really think it's going to be a lot more fun with Hook in the story moohaha!! Okay, so I have one question for you babes.
Would you rather Ashton be mad at Hook for a while, or do you want them to make up soon? Fyi, by soon, I mean it will still probably be 20-30 chapters because it will be after they are back in Storybrooke. I think it would be nicer to have them make up in about that time, I have a good way for them to make up, but let me know what you babes think:)
Love you babes!
Liz xx