Magic... its not the best

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine. 

It is a bright sunny day when Hook wakes up his daughter. He would never admit it, but she means the world to him.
"Wake up love," he says, shaking her awake. She pulls the blankets off of her pretty face and smiles at her dad. "Happy birthday Ash," Hook says, smiling at his daughter.
She giggles. It is her seventh birthday and everything is perfect. She loves living on the Jolly Roger with her dad. She loves the ocean. She loves being a pirate. It seems nothing can go wrong, ever.

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Ash!" Hook yells in protest.
"No dad, I saw you. Why? We don't need magic! Magic rips everything apart! It's tearing us apart!"
"I wasn't dealing with magic, I didn't even kn-"
I cut him off mid sentence. "I saw you! Now you're lying?"
"If you think this life is so bad, why are you still here?" My dad yells. We both look at each other, silence settles.
"You're right," I say, "why am I still here?" I grab my sword and leave the Jolly Roger, which is docked off of a small town.
"Ashton come back!" He yells, but I keep walking, picking up my pace. How had everything gone wrong? When I was seven everything was perfect. But now I am seventeen, and everything is going wrong. Mind you, it has been more than ten years, because we spent a lot of time on Neverland, but I still look and feet seventeen.
"I wish I could get away from all this," I whisper, "I wish I could travel to another realm." As I speak, a funny sounding voice pipes up,
"I can help you deary."

• • •

Ashton draws her sword.
"What do you want Crocodile?" She questions. Yes, Ashton was there for Milah dying and Hook getting his hand cut off. Milah is not her mom, actually she does not know who her mom is.
"Why I want to help you!" Rumplestiltskin exclaims.
"No you don't. I'm the daughter of your enemy, you've tried to kill me!"
"Perhaps, but I can offer you passage out of here... to another realm." Ashton pauses, listening to the offer.
"To where?"
"To where indeed! Where do you wish to go?"
"A land without magic. Somewhere where I don't have to deal with it." Rumplestiltskin does his creepy laugh that he is known best for.
"I can do that indeed Ashton!" He says, drawing out Ashton's name.
"What's your price Crocodile?" Ashton asks.
"My price? That would be seeing your father's face when he realizes you're gone. That, deary, is my price. Now, do we have a deal?" Ashton thinks it over.
"Deal." Rumplestiltskin hands her a magic bean.
"And this'll take me to a land without magic?"
"You don't trust me?" Rumplestiltskin asks, acting offended.
"Not a bit."
"Smart girl! But yes, yes it will. Just throw it down and think of a land without magic. You will be taken there." Ashton stares at the bean, throwing it down on the dirt ground. A large circle opens and Ashton jumps in.

• • •

Ashton's P.O.V.

Where am I? I wonder, looking around at the weird scenery. It is a town with the oddest looking buildings and... carriages with wheels, but no horses?
"Get out of the way!" Some guy yells out of the window of one of these strange carriages to a guy who is walking in front of some of them. He notices me staring oddly and walks over.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing," I quietly say, "I've never seen anything like that?"
"A jerk yelling at someone? You're not from New York are you?"
"Er no," I say quickly.
"Where are you from?" He asks.
"Trust me you've never heard of it." I reply.
"I don't know. I've been to some pretty weird places."
"Where are you from?" I ask.
"Trust me you've never heard of it," he says, mimicking me.
"No need to be rude."
"Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery."
"Well then I guess I'm flattered," I say. He smiles and holds out his hand.
"I'm Neal."
"Ashton," I say, shaking his hand.