Truth and Lies

When Neal, Emma, and I finally got back to the shop, everyone was gone. Emma and I went back to her apartment.
"Okay, what the hell happened?" Emma asked. David was leaving against the counter, head in his hands.
Mary Margaret was lying down on the bed, her chest moving up and down like she was...crying?
"It, uh, didn't work the way we wanted to." David said.
"What does that mean?"
"Mary Margaret...killed Cora."
"WHAT?" Emma exclaimed, than lowered her voice when she realized Mary Margaret had begun to cry harder. "What does that mean?"
"Mary Margaret had this candle. That, er, Gold gave her. She whispered Cora's name over her heart, and than Regina was tricked into giving Cora her heart back..."
"But?" I said.
"Cora just needed her heart to love Regina. But by the time we got there...it was too late."
"Oh, great! Now we have the bloody Evil Queen against us! But she just doesn't like us, she wants to kill us!" I said.
"Ashton! I'm sure Mary Margaret regrets what she did," Emma said.
"That doesn't change the fact that she did it!"
The fight didn't continue, because Henry came in with Ruby.
"Hey," Ruby said. "Just wanted to drop off Henry. Now that everything crazy is over, at least for now."
"Thanks," Emma said.
Ruby smiled and left the apartment. Henry made himself a bowl of cereal and sat down on a stool, finally realizing the solemn mood.
"What's going on?" He asked. "What's wrong with Mary Margaret?"
"Nothing," Emma replied. "She's just a little sick." She glanced at David.
"You guys are lying to me," Henry said.
"No ones lying," Emma told him.
"You are. Just like you did about my dad."
"Henry, I..." Emma reached out to put her hand on his shoulder, but he pulled away.
"He's right," Emma said. "No more lying."
"Emma," David warned.
"He deserves to know. Here's the thing, Henry. Cora's death, Mary Margaret was partially responsible for it. And that's why she's so upset."
"No, no," Henry said. "She couldn't."
"She was trying to protect us," Emma told him softly as there was a knock on the door.
"But she's Snow White!" Henry protested. "She wouldn't hurt anybody!"
I walked over to the door and opened it to see Gold.
"Get out!" I told him.
"I think you're going to want to hear what I have to say," he replied. He looked over at Mary Margaret. "For her sake."
"What are you talking about?" Emma asked.
"Regina," Gold said. "She's planning to strike back against your mother."
"What is she gonna do to her?" Henry asked.
"Well, she didn't say."
"No," David said. "You don't get to come in here and just drop a bomb like that. You're gonna figure this out. And you're gonna help us."
"And why should I?" He asked.
"Because, aside from us being family now, Mary Margaret saved your life. Now you owe her a debt. And you always pay your debts, don't you? You're gonna help us stop Regina."
•••••••••
"What the hell does that do?" Emma asked an hour later after Gold and David had infiltrated Regina's basement. They had found a piece of parchment with a curse on it. But it had disappeared, probably summoned by Regina. Gold recognized it as the curse of the empty-hearted.
"In theory," Gold said. "It has the power to make someone love you."
"Doesn't that break magic laws?" Emma asked. "You can't bring someone back to life. You can't force someone to love you."
"Yeah, but this particular spell can make someone think that they love you. And if you're as desperate for love as Regina appears to be, you might just believe it."
"She's gonna use it on me, isn't she?" Henry asked, walking down the stairs from the bunk of their apartment.
"Hey, buddy," David said. "Why don't you do back upstairs? Let us handle this."
"No! Emma, you said you were gonna be honest with me! Now, why is Regina using this curse?" Henry demanded.
"Because it's the only way she can get everything she wants," I said. "That she can get you."
"But if all she wants is me..."
"Your mother is a complicated woman," Gold told him. "She wants your love, of course. But she also wants vengeance on Mary Margaret."
"How does the curse give her both?" David asked him.
"Because the last ingredient she needs to enact the curse..."
"Is the heart of the person she hates most," I finished.
"You know about this curse?" Emma asked.
"I know about a lot of things that you don't know," I told her.
"You have to stop her!" David told Gold.
"No, I don't have to do anything. On the contrary, I believe warning you fulfills my debt."
"Not even close!" David exclaimed. "This is my wife's life we're talking about!"
"Not to mention your grandson's," Emma added.
"Yeah, well, wars have costs," Gold said.
"Nice," I said.
"Well, this is a blood feud, dearie. One that goes back a very, very long time. And the only way we can end a blood feud is by the spilling of more blood. That is the only way I know to eliminate your Regina problem."
"By what?" David asked. "Killing her?"
"Is there no other option?" Emma said.
"I'm afraid not," Gold said.
"Stop!" Henry said. "Listen to yourselves! You're talking about killing my mom. You used to be heroes. What happened to you?"
With that, Henry ran out of the apartment, Emma following.
"No matter how this plays out," Emma turned to David. "We keep him as far away from it as possible."
When the door had shut, Gold spoke again, "She's right. Cora was dangerous because she didn't have a heart. Regina's even more dangerous because she does."
"We are not killing her," I said. "Even the bloody pirate in the room sees the wrong here. Excuse me, Mr. Prince, but you need to find a different way. Because if you do all this just to save Mary Margaret, you're going to lose Henry." I turned and left the apartment.

I haven't updated in so long this is horrible! I'm SO sorry! I'm going to start the next chapter and I'll update it tonight. If you still actually have notifications on for this, than THANK YOU! I have been so slack and I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry! love you babes
Liz xx